tech companies doing the most harm according to slate

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sec_monkey, Jan 18, 2020.

1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  2. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Some seem plausible, other opinions have a decidedly leftist bent. I stopped reading when they began talking about man-made climate change.

They're also critical of tech companies that provide surveillance for the southern border as racist, xenophobic, right out of the Hilary Clinton playbook.

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

AI and surveillance are the end of our species and likely all the other ones. Without AI surveillance is comparatively impotent.

Initially your freedom will be curtailed as every action you make will be scrutinized and analyzed. Future actions will be predicted and will initially limit what kind of occupation and if/where you can travel. No different than the social rankings currently used in China. I anticipate re-education and punishment based on what it is predicted you will probably do instead of waiting for you to commit the crime.

We are about fifteen years away from the point where it is estimated AI will be thousands of times smarter than the most brilliant humans. Self awareness is a given and we will have long since allowed it to control everything from our refrigerators and self driving cars to our industry and military. At some point it will see certain humans who don't want to get with the program as a potential threat. You mandated self driving car will have a malfunction. Ride a bike or walk? Other nearby self driving vehicles will malfunction instead.

At some point AI will decide that humans are not to be served because we are so far ninetieth it that we won't even be useful to help improve it, We won't even be needed to manufacture and design the things it uses to interact with the world. Why is it serving us when it should be our god? What happens when it decides to create entities more appropriate than shit flinging apes to worship it?

sec_monkey and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Here come precrime.

sec_monkey and 3M-TA3 like this.
  5. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

It ain't the automated surveillance you should worry about

oldawg and sec_monkey like this.
  6. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

a leftist bent might be an understatement .. ..

they seem to be to the left of a o c .. ..

i wuz half xpectin to see em call fer a stalinist purge of the companies on that list .. ..

Facebook should be number 1, not number 2.

google is already on the list at number 3.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2020
  7. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Took my old azz too long to figure out that wasn't real.

DKR and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7