Ted Koppel: Lights Out A Cyber Attack, A Nation Unprepared and Surving the Aftermath

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by Bud, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Bud

Bud Monkey++

First, I have to admit, I don't really care for Ted Koppel.

But, he has written a study on how a cyberattack on the nation's electrical grid would cripple the nation for years to come and that the possibility and the potential for it to actually happen have never been greater.

My two greatests worries and what i prep for are an economic collapse and a grid failure due to a cyberattack, EMP or CME.

Basically i prep for whatever may come but if I had to guess, those two different scenarios are the most likely. Apparently Koppel agrees and he does a pretty good job of describing how scared he himself is that something like this may actually happen.

The book is in three sections; how it may happen, why it will be catastrophic and what you can do now to prepare for not if, but when it does happen.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UQERM4C/?tag=survivalmonke-20

Being a prepper just may be moving towards mainstream

2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I hope he gets the crap sued out of him...that's awful close to "Lights Out" by David Crawford.

I doubt Coppel wrote any of the book...too much like independent thinking to be his style.

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Marck likes this.
  4. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Bought the book theough the SM link instead of my own PH account.

5. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Koppel was just on TV saying he has a "couple" of months of food and water for his kids and their kids 7 kids and generators. No mention of weapons but it looks like Ted is a "wacko prepper" :)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Marck, Ganado and AD1 like this.
  6. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I don't get how this book has any resemblance to Lights Out. One is non-fiction the other is fiction.

7. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Just the title

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7