Terrifying machine gun shootout at Atlanta gas station

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Motomom34, Aug 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is the head line on the Daily Mail. I love the daily mail. It is a rag web site that is full of sensationalism but they do find the news that the MSM would never report on. The press labels guns just so as we have seen with the AR-15 become known as an assault rifle. Now we have a machine gun shoot out at a gas station. Not even safe to get gas anymore.

Here is the video:

Woman in car shot in the shoulder in terrifying machine gun shootout

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

What do you bet, that they got it WRONG, on the "Machine Gun" issue.... I am willing to bet that this was a Semi-Auto AK Pistol, and NOT an NFA Weapon.... I mean who in the "Right Mind" would be carrying an NFA Weapon in their Vehicle? Just because it LOOKS like a Machine Pistol, doesn't mean it is One... and you can't tell from the Pictures without the Sound.... and the One Fellow had his Weapon in a Holster, so Obviously, that One, wasn't a Machine Gun, but a Semi-Auto Pistol.... That shows the Sensationalism of the Piece, was more important than the ACTUAL FACTS.... Basically, a Load of Horse Dung.....

3M-TA3, Tully Mars, Sgt Nambu and 5 others like this.
  3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

But many believe the horse dung. That is the issue and also that the world is a dangerous place.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

It didn't appear to be firing automatic but can't be sure without sound like @BTPost said but the way he was handling it (hands out like he was picking apples) and how it was firing certainly didn't appear to be... The Daily Mail is rubbish however its page 3 is quite nice and entertaining.

sec_monkey likes this.
  5. rjburk

rjburk Monkey

I carry NFA items in my Truck, what's wrong with that ?

Tully Mars and sec_monkey like this.
  6. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Every so-called evil-looking black firearm is a machine gun to most dopey reporters on the political left. They don't know the difference.

Years ago I was moving, I was taking rifles from the car into the house. Since I don't advertise, I drove around to the back door to do it. Right about the time I had my side-folder modified Mini-14 in hand some kid rides around back on his bicycle. His eyes got as big around as saucers and he asked frantically "What are you doing with that machine gun?" I calmly explained that it was not a machine gun, but can only imagine what he told his mom when he got home. Never heard any more about it so guess she figured it was his imagination.

It's amazing that so many reporters haven't progressed past the mentality of that nine or ten year old (guessing at this age) kid.

3M-TA3, Tully Mars, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You should have said "Shooting up Punk Kid Trespassers!"......

8. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Machine gun used to refer to a crew served weapon, usually belt fed, tripod mounted, fully automatic weapon firing from an open bolt, then we had the sub machinegun, select fire and small enough to be handled by one person. Now anything that fires repeated shots from trigger manipulation is referred to as a machine gun, soon even double action revolvers will receive the same moniker.

3M-TA3, Tully Mars, Motomom34 and 4 others like this.
  9. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Yeah, when I saw "machinegun shoot out" the first thing I thought was "wonder if it was a revolver that went full auto on them again." The local propaganda show(s) call BB guns and sling shots "assault weapons" too.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

:lol:

Old news. Here's a much clearer vid posted two days ago.

11. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

The way that AK was bouncing (slowly) I'm betting it was firing semi-auto. Not that the media gives a rats rump! They'd say it was atomic if they thought they could get away with it!

A very good reminder that gas stations ARE very dangerous places, and I stay on red alert at them! My wife and I were at our local station and this wired out, crack head flipped out right next to me. Started yelling at the top of his lungs, and jerking his shirt up to brandish the pistol in his back pocket! Then he decided to take offense at my Rottweiler in the back seat.
    I was really proud of our little, teenage neighbor girl, who yelled "run!" And screamed out of the station at high speed! I told the wife to stay put and we let the nut finish his rant and leave. That man was a very lucky crack head! I was twisted to him in the seat and had a .40S&W pointed at him, below his line of sight! If his hand so much as bumped that pistol I intended to shoot him down right there. Glad I didn't have to!
    Some idiot tried to mug me early one morning in the station, two lots down the street from the first! Didn't go well for him. I don't trust anyone while at any gas station! YMMV.

Ganado, 3M-TA3, Yard Dart and 4 others like this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Not to make light of the incident but I love how he walks his date/girlfriend into the station after she got shot. What a gentleman. :rolleyes:

Ganado, 3M-TA3 and Tully Mars like this.
  13. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Just one of many reasons I left the Big A and headed deep into the mountains.

14. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I guess I am missing something? What possible difference does it make what kind of weapon a miscreant uses? You are just as dead hit with a coke bottle as you are a grenade, so what difference does it make? You can be certain of one thing, someone attacks me and I will fight back with what ever weapons I have available, if it is just a gas hose and a bic lighter, look out flame thrower! If I have a pistol, shotgun or machine-gun, so much the better.

Ganado, 3M-TA3, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I had something like Sgt Nambu's happen a couple of weeks back, dude pulls into the card lock as I am filling up and starts demanding I and another customer fill him up with gas ( we are both filling with diesel ) and he is looking all bent on something, pulls up his shirt and shows off his pistol. Didn't see the Sheriff deputy parked the other side of my monster truck and gets a good fuss going as he gets slammed to the ground and arrested for armed robbery. As the Deputy and his back are putting bad guy in the back of the car, both of them laugh at him and tell him how lucky he is that he is only getting arrested and not hauled off too the morgue, and the one explains that both of the guys he was trying to rob were armed to the teeth!!!

16. svjoe

svjoe Angry Monkey

Saw that the other day, just a couple of low life thugs enjoying the ATL evening.........nothing to see here, move along.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  17. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

Oh my! It's not a, 'machine-gun fight'. One of the protagonists is using a pistol; and that so-called. 'machine-gun' was firing, strictly, in semiautomatic mode. As for the individual combatants' weapon handling skills and marksmanship? It is some of the worst I've ever seen!

Sgt Nambu and Altoidfishfins like this.
  18. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I pulled both triggers on my old JC Higgins side-by-side yesterday, just so I could call it a machine gun.

Sgt Nambu and Ganado like this.
  19. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Years ago a friend of mine brought up the point that the anti-gun crown was beginning the drumbeat for banning semi-auto everything because they shoot too fast.

My response was "Well, there goes all your double-action revolvers right along with 'em".

Lone Gunman and Sgt Nambu like this.
  20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

The sheer stupidity of this who scene us mind boggling. he pulled a gun and chased the guy around the car. There we no thought for the people in the car with him. This is not a man this was a boy wanna be with no real balls.

Real men protect the people with them, they do not start fights that get everyone else injured

chimo, Sgt Nambu and 3M-TA3 like this.
  1. Cruisin Sloth
  2. DKR
  3. Motomom34
  4. Motomom34
  5. HK_User
  6. Gator 45/70
  7. DKR
  8. Tevin
  9. HK_User
  10. DarkLight
  11. Motomom34