test 26

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sec_monkey, Jun 24, 2012.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yep. No matter which link to "forum" I hit, forbidden pops up. I've tried all the tricks I could think of, and the main forum menu is nowhere to be found.

ETA: Was expecting a redirect from the previous forum main page. That also coughs up "forbidden."

2. ghrit

OK, what I see from here now. Survivalmonkey.com/forums/ now redirects to survivalmonkey.com. Clicking on "forum" in the upper left enters a loop that comes back to sm.com. (Progress is one step at a time ---) "Forbidden" isn't showing up at this moment.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

We ran into some problems with the way I had set up the initial redirects and they were finally tracked down by people smarter than me.
    If anyone hits an old thread via Google (although the big G is already displaying many of our new urls), they will land on the proper thread here. If anyone visits the old forum address www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/ , it will also redirect here (although that was not repaired until today). All of the old pages at .com are now here (bottom of forum - called Pages) and they are also found if anyone hits an old url.

We now live at .com and no longer in /forum/

As far as i can tell, everything url-wise is functioning exactly as it was designed as of around 13:00 PDT

4. ghrit

As of three minutes ago, all links point to .com. Once there the "forum" link near the bottom of .com's front page (and the top left) loops back to the same front page. I can't get to the forum except via a work around, and can't get to the forum menu by any trickery known to me. Most of the rest of the functions, I can dig out with indirect clicking, but there's no forum menu to be found. There's no "pages" at the bottom except for "recent posts" along with twitter and a few other items of no great interest.

If it's all working right, I'm missing something obvious.

ETA, cleared cookies and history. Dayum, that worked!! I did miss something obvious!! :(

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7