Testing new browser Lunascape

Discussion in 'Technical' started by melbo, Aug 26, 2010.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Looks pretty interesting. Crafty needs to report on the iPad version. I'm using the gecko engine right now and will test webkit and Trident (IE) later.

Lunascape Browser - Experience the world's only triple engine browser

2. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Just downloaded it, and I like the looks of it so far. I'll give it a good test over the next few days, and let you guys know what I think.

I haven't felt a strong need yet for anything but Safari, but it's sometimes nice to try new platforms to see what's out there. Looks like the placement of the buttons, tabs, etc. Are well thought out.

3. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

Looking funky...testing now!

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

It looks really cool, but it won't install and run the "Gecko" part of the application, so I am left only with the IE part of it, using direct connection. For some reason I keep getting the "failed to connect" error message when trying to implement the Gecko stuff. Kind of annoying, really.

I tried re-opening and running without antivirus, but nothing is working yet. Any suggestions?

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I found the problem. After trying to get my video editing program to upload, and failing...then scratching my head, I decided to check something out.

The culprit: Windows Explorer.

I had not used it yet. Not once. I always install Firefox and delete the IE icon. It turns out, the new IE requires the user to operate it and complete the install. I had just re-installed and forgot all about Internet Explorer. After I initialized the highly marketed NSA tracking device, my program worked flawlessly. It turns out, so did Lunascape. All better.

I like Lunascape 6 so far.

6. bnmb

bnmb On Hiatus Banned

ROFL!...Just dump the "Explorer" part, and you'll have the real culprit!... b::

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7