Texas Allows Open Carry of Long Knives and Swords

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Legion489, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

If I visitvTexas, I could bring my four foot Bastard Sword.
    Bought it in NorVa back in my Navy daze, from a store catering to the FRPG crowd. Had my car parked a couple blocks away. So, I am walking down the street, huge bare sword over my shoulder. Hoping some citizen doesn't sic the SWAT team on me! Had it stashed in my '75 Firebird for a week before I drove back home to Florida with it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

They are going to get you for brandishing a weapon, if it is not in a scabbard or sheath.
    If you wheeling weapons in public for attention, you going to get attention, and more when some one is frightened by it.
    Being childish and careless with a knife has always lead to trouble.
    Just because you can do a thing, does not mean it is necessary.
    Though I use my pocket knife in public from time to time it is with good reason ,opening boxes, mail , cutting my steak, trimming wood ,removing splinters ,making repairs on the truck.
    I don't have it to show off, I have it to use .
    And the fewer people that see me using it the better, here in this neck of the woods.

chelloveck likes this.
  3. avagdu

avagdu Monkey++

A long time ago, in a land far, far away..

[​IMG]

4. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

That's the regular, not the bowie. And the handle is now welded shut, and all made of sk5 steel. They are pretty nice, but a little short for me to edc.

5. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

*sigh*
    wish I could carry my knives around.. unfortunately I had to leave all mine at my moms (shes in the US) as customs would have had a coronary if I tried to bring 2 x 20" long ballock dirks , a claymore , a Scottish hand & a half sword and about 10 other sharp pointy things... & a bullwhip....

UK carry limit.. 3" folding blade, Non-locking only..:cautious: yeah.. I can just about get away with the mushroom knife....

6. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Didn't mean to sound insulting (if I did). As long as it is not concealed, it's good here. I find anything in the 5"-8" range too long to be a side knife and too short to be a main blade. The bushman is not my favorite cold steel (wearing a ti-lite and a marauder currently...), but nothing much against them, they just don't work for me.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7