TEXAS BAR SUES LOCAL CHURCH OVER LIGHTNING STRIKE!

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Cruisin Sloth, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

(This should keep you chuckling for awhile)

A bar called Drummond's (in Mt Vernon, Texas) began construction on an expansion of their building, hoping to "grow" their business.In response, the local Southern ~ Church started a campaign to block the bar from expanding - petitions, prayers, etc. About a week before the bar's grand re-opening, a bolt of lightning struck the bar and burned it to the ground!

Afterwards, the church folks were rather smug - bragging about "the power of prayer". The angry bar owner eventually sued the church on grounds that the church ... "was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, through direct actions or indirect means."Of course, the church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.

The judge read carefully through the plaintiff's complaint and the
    defendant's reply. He then opened the hearing by
    saying:"I don't know how I'm going to decide this, but it appears from the paperwork that what we have here is a bar owner who now believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that does not."

2. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Haaaaaaa

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Of the three entities involved, only the judge has an ounce of sense. I'll bet he just wishes he could toss the case instead of listening to morons rave.

Seacowboys and dragonfly like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Oh, I don't know about that...it would make his memoirs a more interesting read, and judges routinely have that onerous task when creationists try inserting creationism or "intelligent" design into public school classrooms.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

only way out for that judge is to claim a conflict of interest and bail!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7