TEXAS Gov ABBOTT Introducing Ground Breaking Plan To Override Obama's Tyranny

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by pearlselby, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

Wow, you think? I guess anything is possible. ..lol Thank you @chelloveck! I would rather him stay governor, or be the New President of Texas.

Capt. Tyree and oldawg like this.
  3. William Warren

William Warren Monkey+++

Like "woman's rights", calling for a constitutional convention is just a politician's device for sounding decisive and appearing to be a leader, while never saddling those whom are pounding the table with the inconvenient obligation of actually having to do anything about the problems of our country. That's because an "Article Five" convention is only possible should two-thirds of the state legislatures call for one, and the new constitution which would be submitted would require three-fourths approval from the states before it became effective.

Still, it's fun to play "what if" games with the idea of a constitutional convention: here are a few of the changes I would propose if I was a delegate.

1. Religious organizations would be no longer be exempt from taxes.
    2. The Social Security trust fund would be limited to providing retirement and medical care for senior citizens.
    3. The citizens of the District of Columbia would be provided representation in congress.
    4. Any person subject to the new constitution would be presumed to be aware of his rights under it, and no cop would ever have to recite another Miranda warning ever again.
    5. Convicted felons would lose, unless pardoned, their rights to privacy, freedom from unreasonable searches, and rights to avoid cruel and unusual punishments.
    6. The federal government would be forbidden from participating in any arrangement that bypassed the constitution so as to deny citizens their rights. No more "gitmo", no CIA black sites, nothing that wouldn't pass muster inside our borders.
    7. The government's power to make treaties would be limited to agreements which did not contradict the constitution or remove any rights or obligations it grants or imposes on the citizens. No "NAFTA", or other sweetheart deals that lessen the constitution's effect.
    8. The federal government would be forbidden to provide defense for other nations. Half of the current budget goes to the military, which has been providing free defense to many other nations since the end of World War 2.
    9. Visiting workers could be hired only if an employer could demonstrate that U.S. citizens were not available to perform the work, provided that they deposited funds with the government to be set aside for the return trip to their homelands. Any children born in the U.S. whose parents were visiting workers would not be entitled to citizenship as a right of birth.
    10. The federal government could not borrow money without passing a law that provided the funds to pay it back, and which was approved by one-half of the states.
    Of course, those are my dream items. Yours may be different. ;)

William Warren

HK_User, chelloveck and pearlselby like this.
  4. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Would you rather live as a slave or die free?

I just recently got out of jail. I was stopped by bored police and accused of several ridiculous things, none of which were true, and after being threatened by police in the state of Maine I decided to exercise my right to remain silent. I told the officer that I was going to remain silent to which he informed me that I was not allowed to do in Maine. He stated that the Constitution was in fact suspended and I HAD to answer his questions. It sounded pretty absurd to me at the time so I kept quiet. He took me and booked me for "failing to give correct information". All of the other things he had accused me of doing were completely dropped and they took me to county jail and threw me in the hole for 4 days with out a lawyer or phone call. During this time they tortured me as outlined in the Geneva Conventions. On day three I almost died from not having food or water as my internal body temperature (I'm told) got dangerously high. I was forced to have a lawyer speak for me at one point and not allowed to talk to him, the judge, or anyone else. He then failed to show up on my court date and I was found guilty of "failing to give correct information" via pleading the fifth. The jail stole all the money in my pocket as well as everything I had on me at the time.

Never come to Maine if you can help it...

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Sounds like you need to employ the Meanest, Nastiest Maine Shiester LAWDog, and SUE the CRAP out of the City, State, Police Department, and every other entity involved, for Federal Constitutional Rights Violations... Most ANY Decent Shiester LAWDog worth his Salt, would take such a Case on Contingency, as there is GIANT Bucks in these Type Cases, and the Cities, States and Cop Shops, have insurance that PAYS out BIG, if you WIN, or they decide to Settle....

kellory and HK_User like this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I was wondering where you got to, man. I guess you have had a rough time up there. In a free country, this never should have happened. Personally, I don't give a rats patootie if you are justified to sue --That's NOT the point. We shouldn't have to take legal action against an abusive and corrupt system in the first place. YOU AND I BOTH KNOW the truth about the legal system and how it REALLY works. Most folks just go on pretending we still have law and order. Too much television, I say. You did the smart thing and remained silent. It would have been far worse if you spoke to the officer and especially the judge.

Hold on and keep safe. This entire house of cards is coming down soon enough.

Homer Simpson likes this.
  7. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Every time someone tries to sell me on a con-con or even on a single amendment, my response is "show me that the government can work within the constraints of the current document before you expect me to believe they will somehow work within the constraints of any changes...or even an entirely new document".

Mindgrinder, oldawg and Homer Simpson like this.
  8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

And your point is>what.

9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

....if I may.....point is simple. It does no good at all to change the document, if it is still ignored.

oldawg likes this.
  10. HK_User

Point is, in the verbiage.
    : a profusion of words usually of little or obscure content <such a tangled maze of evasive verbiage as a typical party platform — Marcia Davenport

In short the words, as typed, are more in a political hypothetical statement.

11. chimo

There it is....it's kinda like getting criminals to obey new laws.

No hypothetical...show me that the government can obey the current document before trying to sell me on how they will magically obey it if only we make some changes.

It's against the law to commit murder...show me how changing the law to make some murders "hate crimes" reduces the murder rate. Same applies to the Constitution and the criminals we call our government.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    BTPost and kellory like this.
  12. HK_User

At the risk of being accused of attacking you I will state that your use of the English language does not convey a message that is coherent to what you seem to think your point is. Poorly worded at best. You need to have an educated person proof read your document before you post, then you would understand your mistaken use of the verbs.
    Until you PM me and tell me that is happening or if you are serious about getting your point across then PM and ask for help. Until that happens you can enjoy my silence about your post.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  13. chimo

Well I won't argue that I may not be the best orator or writer in the world...but I'm not in some formal debate, I'm expressing an opinion among alleged friends and feel no need to worry about nitpickers, grammar and spelling nazis. Kel and others understood it...so perhaps the lack of education is on your part?

I don't think this has anything to do with what I wrote here and more to do with my words concerning Texas and your carry laws in another thread, which obviously offended you. I'm sorry if my words offended you, but I stand by what I said...I'm not a politician, I don't only tell you what you want to hear, I tell you what I think.

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yep, Kind of like "Herding Cats....." or Democrats.....

1. Ura-Ki
  2. Cruisin Sloth
    [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Cruisin Sloth, Oct 14, 2023, 2 replies, in forum: Freedom and Liberty
  3. dustintml
  4. BTPost
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Yard Dart
  7. HK_User
  8. Ganado
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Mindgrinder
  11. Legion489
  12. DarkLight
  13. DarkLight
  14. Gopherman