Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has issued a nearly statewide mask mandate.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Jul 2, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

The order requires "all Texans to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases" and comes as the state reports 7,382 people hospitalized for coronavirus — another record high that is more than double what it was two weeks ago.

Children who are younger than 10 years old, people who have a medical condition that prevents them from wearing a mask, people who are eating or drinking, and people who are exercising outdoors are exempt from the order.

First-time offenders will receive a written or oral warning. Those who violate the order a second time will receive a fine of up to $250. Every subsequent violation is also punishable by a fine of up to $250, but the order specifies that no one can get jail time for a violation.

The order represents a remarkable turnaround for Abbott, who has long resisted a statewide mask requirement, even as the coronavirus situation has worsened over the past couple of weeks in Texas.

This newsletter is taking a break tomorrow for Independence Day. We’ll be back in your inbox Monday. Until then, you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook or subscribe to our breaking news emails to receive important updates right when they happen.

“How many more are coming?” What it’s like inside hospitals as coronavirus grips Texas’ Rio Grande Valley
    The surge in coronavirus cases has slammed hospitals in the Rio Grande Valley. Additional wards have opened. Doctors and nurses pull extra shifts. And the stream of sick people, some gasping for air, keeps growing. READ THE STORY
    By Shannon Najmabadi and Miguel Gutierrez Jr. | Jul 2, 2020

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  2. HK_User

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

With a virus that seems to spread as well as this one, until herd immunity is established or a vaccine is made, everything is just a holding action. Not a matter of if you get it, but when. Best hope is that the medical system finds drugs and procedures that limit the damage once you get it. Massive lock downs and such were used to control and limit childhood diseases 70 years ago, still I had mumps, measles, chicken pox, whooping cough, rabbit fever, and rheumatic fever and was considered lucky as I hadn't had a serious disease. TB, polio, scarlet fever, etc were considered serious. None of ones listed except TB were cured by lockdown alone, the rest were all stopped by a vaccine. So far no one has as far as I know found a vaccine that stops a virus, the flu shots etc. may be effective against one strain, but then it changes and they no longer work. Going to be a rough ride and the politics going on make it much worse to accept and the economic and social damage may well be worse than the illness itself.

We went a trillion in the hole in 5 weeks, and both parties are talking about even bigger checks to individuals and more government loans, debt was about 12 trillion when Obama took office and 18 trillion when he left, at 25 trillion today and one proposal by House would add 3 trillion more.

Already ahead of expected, July 3, 2020, national debt clock was at 26.5 or so. The 25 was the data from last month or so. Expenses are up and income is falling, the perfect storm.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Mr. Abbott, In regard to your announcement today of a “required” mask policy, I wanted to write and let you know that I will not be adhering to your order. You can fine me or take me to jail but I refuse to follow this policy. I find it funny that women can abort our precious children and say “it’s my body and my choice”. Well Governor Abbott it is also my body and my choice not to wear a mask. I voted for you and I am ashamed that you are trying to infringe on the constitutional rights of my fellow Texans and myself. Why should I as a healthy citizen be required to wear a mask. If you are elderly, have health issues, etc then wear the mask or stay home! The rest of us Americans will go to work and get our economy roaring again. I don’t take this situation lightly. I have a daughter that has severe asthma. I am an essential worker and I have continued to work everyday to get this economy going again while everyone sits at home in fear. I refuse to be fearful! Americans have never bowed down to any nation or any set back that has been presented to us! Shame on you for bowing down to the cabal that wants to use this “epidemic” for political purposes. I pray that we as strong Texans will quit being sheep and finally wake up and see what is happening to our GREAT COUNTRY!

Dick Wad Gov Abbott

5. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Sounds like a little to late kind of deal I wear a mask in public every day It's really not that big of a deal

6. HK_User

Yup but that's what happens when you cater to whiners who believe it is their constitutional right to infect others.

7. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Well my thought is if you do that then I let you die

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

What happens when you cater to sheep who believe a cloth face wrap does anything? You then breed bacteria at alarming rates in little cloth swatches that people carry around with them everywhere they go. Its not hard to tell who watches too much corporate news. They think that their opinions are always right and that others should be forced to obey them or die.

I'm just curious, when people make statements like "Yup but that's what happens when you cater to whiners who believe it is their constitutional right to infect others" and "Well my thought is if you do that then I let you die" do you even see the fear you are perpetuating? Do you see that you are doing exactly what the NWO wants you to do and destroying the last remaining threads of our freedom? You are creating a false justification to take away rights. Do you see that?

When the Federal Reserve took over American banking with fiat currency they protested against themselves. Why? Because they knew that if they supported it people would see that they were the ones doing it. They would see the corruption. This is why they have to make us ask for it ourselves. They have to make US want it. They know how to manipulate the masses very well.

This "pandemic" is like watching a zombie movie IRL. You can see people walking around mindlessly repeating what they saw on TV only instead of mumbling brains... brains... they are mumbling masks... masks... you need to wear a mask...

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

FWIW, several states have put up similar rules. My taxinator has, but managed to ignore those of us that are, um, in remote locations. We are supposed to mask up when we leave the house. Well, for some of us, that is straight up hogwash. I will NOT mask up in the gamelands, nor on my postage stamp property, nor in my vehicle buzzing up the dirt roads (or pavement) nor on a run to the outdoor ATM. I may signal virtue inside a store, but NOT at the gas pumps. This birdbrain can take an aerial intercourse at a perambulating pastry.

10. HK_User

Yup no mouth to mouth.

Gator 45/70 and snake6264 like this.
  11. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Got the same stupid law here too!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bring you're fireworks and set them off today and tonight on .Gov Abbots front lawn !!!

You'll be okay as long as you're wearing you're mask !!!

Oddcaliber likes this.
  13. enloopious

The bigger issue is now they have a way to identify those who are not sheep. It is pretty easy to look around and see who is not following the NWO rules and stomp them down. Yeah that's right, These "laws" just created consent to stomp anyone they don't like.

Just wait, this will be on the news soon:
    "...he wasn't wearing a mask so we beat him into submission..." (cheers from the crowd go up)

You have to be some kind of special to enforce these new laws.

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

If face coverings while out and about worked why is it spreading like wild fire in Islamic countries?
    If face masks worked then why did the local governments empty jails to "keep prisoners safe" when they could have just given them masks?

15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I work EVERY DAY and I wear a mask EVERY TIME I leave my property! I also carry spare masks, hand sanitizer, safety glasses/goggles, and a spray bottle of alcohol....and have been doing so since the last of March! I do this not out of fear (well maybe a little) but because I'm smarter than your average bear. I decided back in February how to protect myself and family, I added to my preps for epidemic/pandemic and did what I though was best for me and mine. I have modified my methods slightly over time, but I don't pay much attention to the pronouncements of the "experts"! If I had listened to them I would have not worn a mask for months or would have quite my job and be broke. All who wear a mask are not sheeple!

Alf60 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

@Wildbilly your point is well made and well taken. YOU made YOUR decisions based on YOUR evaluation of the situation. I do the same. The main objection is the MANDATE (rule? law? regulation? with no intent to enforce?) imposed by some bungwit in hisherit's palatial government provided home with all sorts of guardian angels gathered around.

What is key, and most often ignored, is providing enough accurate information for informed decision making. Sadly lacking at all levels, and even where available is poorly disseminated.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. enloopious

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

the mask is not so much to protect you as it is to protect others.
    Don't be an arrogant dumb butt, you can be Asymptomatic and be spreading the disease and not know it.
    I wear a face shield and simply breathing the plastic fogs and droplets form from no more exertion than walking.
    The face shield is not throw away and can be cleaned repeatedly and others can use them , they are perfect fo this issue.

ditch witch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. enloopious

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I wear a mask to protect ME primarily! Any protection provided to others is secondary! My mask is to prevent ME from infecting MYSELF with MY dirty fingers ( you would not believe how many times you touch your face each hour of each day)! I wear gloves at work to protect my hands from the harsh chemicals and really nasty stuff that I come into contact with daily. I also wash my hands with soap and water, and use hand sanitizer frequently. Gloves are not going to prevent you from infecting yourself, they get just as dirty as your hands and need to be washed and/or replaced often. I also have goggles and safety glasses to try and keep droplets from entering through my eyes. So far I have managed to remain healthy...knock on wood!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7