Texas Hog Hunting

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Mountainman, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I know what I want for my birthday now!!!

Vehicle, as equipped, should be standard issue for the border patrol.
    Hog Hunting Vehicle. Hog Count.

2. RKBA2USA

RKBA2USA Monkey+

Border Patrol? Heck, I'd like that for my daily commute!

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Keep the vehicle. Just strip off the weapons and send them to me....lol

4. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

Now thats something a man could drive through any major city in america, and not be car-jacked, cause if they try the city will be cleaning brain goo up off the streets for the next 6 months.

5. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

I'd mount them on my Jeep one mounted forward, and one mounted rearward.

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Try This on for size:

Attached Files:

tacmotusn likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Now THAT is "Bacon on the Hoof"........

8. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Had one half that size charge me when another hunter wounded it and I can tell you that even at half that size there is a serious pucker factor. Killed the hog at my feet with a 38 shot to the head, and NO it did not hit the jewels.

9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Awesome I love hunting hogs! I actually get a kick out of the black powder stalking thing in the swampy bottoms here in Florida. I have come to cheat just a little, ..... besides my open sighted .54 cal hawkin I carry a belthook .54 cal mountain pistol. Round ball and 90 grains in rifle, TC 425 grain maxi ball and 45 grains in pistol. Both have killed many hogs. Damn I love hog hunting. I have been known to drop a deer suprised by my presence and rising close about and trying to get the heck out of dodge as well. I just tell folks I hunt hogs and kill an occasional deer by accident.
    In reality, I have only been charged by 3. One of which was a mad mama sow protecting her young I suppose. All went down hard. I shook a bit later, but was calm through the deed.

10. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I will only be impressed when you kill-em with a spear![respect];)

11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Bear can probably introduce you to some bradders who do it that way. Most have tusk slash scars. I will pass. Where I hunt them I have alligators, rattlesnakes, water moccasins, leeches, and occasional quite large groups of hogs that you often find yourself not on the edge of, but amid, and totally surrounded. Most choose to flee once you are noticed, but not always. I have been knocked down in a stampeed and painfully run over, suffering awesome colorful bruises and scrapes, but no tusk scars. I have been lucky. I will pass on the freakin' spear. I am too old for those games at this point. I am not sure how many lives this el gato has used up.

12. CarsandGuns

CarsandGuns Monkey+

I wouldn't mind having one here in Miami.

13. toydoc

toydoc Monkey+++

Hogs

I have a real good friend that goes out and kills them with a knife. They run them down with 4 wheelers and "tree" them then he goes in for the kill. I think he has a big brass pair. Oh, his ex did it too. I have eaten some of the barbecue from the meat they got this way. Me, I'm thinken BIG gun.

14. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

well there are deffinatly plenty wild hogs in texas, that one can kill. the video to me would be a nightmare even though he did end up killing the hog............ Just goes to show ya you can never have enough gun for those bruisers, or for that matter enough guns period.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7