Texas House relaxes airport laws for handgun license holders

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by HK_User, May 14, 2015.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chris Fulster, of Broadway Bait Rod and Gun, displays a 9mm semi-automatic pistol at his shop on Thursday, June 26, 2008 (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli)

[​IMG]
    Thursday, May 07, 2015 02:01PM
    AUSTIN, TX --
    In Texas, it seems almost as common for travelers in airport security lines to forget they are carrying a handgun as it is for them to fail to take off their belts or shoes.

A bill that passed the House on Thursday would forgive concealed handgun license holders for such lapses.

Republican Rep. Drew Springer's measure would protect from being arrested a licensee who is caught in security with a handgun and immediately leaves the area.

The offense is currently a state felony. In 2013, Rep. Drew Darby was arrested in Austin after officers found a loaded pistol in his carry-on luggage that he said he'd forgotten about.

The Transportation Safety Administration confiscated 2,212 guns at airports in 2014, including 350-plus in Texas.

The bill now heads to the Senate.

2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

One of my friends works for Springer, will have to tell her to pat him on the back for me.

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Yup, the skills you have to learn in CC also means you are more often than not have a Gun on you.
    That becomes a habit and is just part of how you dress and then the fateful day comes that you walk into an Airport should not mean that you are a felon.

Tell her good job from me also.

Yard Dart, oldawg and ditch witch like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7