1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Texas House relaxes airport laws for handgun license holders

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by HK_User, May 14, 2015.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Chris Fulster, of Broadway Bait Rod and Gun, displays a 9mm semi-automatic pistol at his shop on Thursday, June 26, 2008 (AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli)

Thursday, May 07, 2015 02:01PM
    AUSTIN, TX --
    In Texas, it seems almost as common for travelers in airport security lines to forget they are carrying a handgun as it is for them to fail to take off their belts or shoes.

A bill that passed the House on Thursday would forgive concealed handgun license holders for such lapses.

Republican Rep. Drew Springer's measure would protect from being arrested a licensee who is caught in security with a handgun and immediately leaves the area.

The offense is currently a state felony. In 2013, Rep. Drew Darby was arrested in Austin after officers found a loaded pistol in his carry-on luggage that he said he'd forgotten about.

The Transportation Safety Administration confiscated 2,212 guns at airports in 2014, including 350-plus in Texas.

The bill now heads to the Senate.
  2. ditch witch

ditch witch resident bacon hoarder Site Supporter+

One of my friends works for Springer, will have to tell her to pat him on the back for me.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Yup, the skills you have to learn in CC also means you are more often than not have a Gun on you.
    That becomes a habit and is just part of how you dress and then the fateful day comes that you walk into an Airport should not mean that you are a felon.

Tell her good job from me also.
    Yard Dart, oldawg and ditch witch like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary