Texas proxy voting video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Unbelievable!

3. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

I just finished forwarding the link to my family and friends back in Texas, and to all of my buddies in the military who are still registered to vote in Texas. I'm writing an email to my representative and have urged everyone else to do the same. This is completely unacceptable, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[applaud]"Unfreakin' believable..
    (WTF.shoked")

Integrity? (just another old big werd nobody has any use for anymore....)[dunno][werd]
    THROW THE BUMS OUT....

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

our lives and the laws that govern them are just a push of the button that has all the address of "Oh yea, would you mind pushing no for me on the constitution thing?"

6. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

While I am "surprised" at that, I'm not at all shocked by that. After all for most politicians it's a "do as I say, not as I do mentality". Wonder how wide spread that is in other states? (I know, dumb question LOL )

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'm neither surprised nor shocked at the practice. The integrity of lawmakers has always been questioned in my mind. However, that blatant exposure contributes mightily to my question, and is indicative of why I have my doubts about anyone in elective office. So what do we do, send in ombudsmen with a charter to record attendance and vote counts?

8. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

the solution was built into to the machines themselves. Each machine has a key that is inserted before a vote can be cast. I told my representative that if he has to go to the bathroom or eat that key had better be on a chain around his neck. It is apparent to me that the people were afraid of this from the beginning and built in a safeguard to keep it from happening but, as we already know, politicians are almost completely unable to exercise the will of the people...thus the keys are left in the machines while their rightful users are God knows where.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7