Thanks for the help - Shout Out

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe13, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Joe13

Joe13 Monkey

Howdy,

I wanted to not name any names unless you want to post on here and raise your hand, but wanted to give all the folks that have sent me convo's with advise about topics and also for those of you that have taken a min to let me know I may have posted something possibly inappropriate or in the wrong section.

I don't join forums often but I'll continue to try and get the feel for what is and isn't appreciated here.

Not much of a pot stirrer so it certainly has been by mistake and not intention of I've offended anyone with a post or comment.

Y'all seem like great people and I look forward to figuring it out sooner then later.

Cheers & Thanks!

Joe

Brokor, Ganado, Bandit99 and 10 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

No Issues, @Joe13 That I have seen.... The MODs can just move any posts, that need to be, and leave you a quick Note... That is built into the Software that runs the Site... Your Post have always been timely, and fine... Happy to have you in our Monkey Tree....

Ganado, Sgt Nambu and Joe13 like this.
  3. Joe13

Joe13 Monkey

Thanks Sir!

4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Don't know of any problems with your posts. I believe most here are not the thin skinned variety that defines the political left. I think You 'd have to be pretty insulting and actually have to work at it to piss people off here.

5. Joe13

Joe13 Monkey

Yea, this site seems very chill compared to some I've read.

As an example I posted on a for sale item as if it were a discussion not realizing it and someone was nice enough to mention it. I changed the post as I'm not a fan of negative comments or ones that 'could' be misconstrued that way.

So far everyone has been very helpful and kind. It was just a preemptive post as I can be a little dense if I'm unable to sleep or in pain.

My wife continues to try to remind me not to post during those times but I guess I just have to put my 2¢ in sometimes hehe.

Bandit99, GOG, Sgt Nambu and 2 others like this.
  6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

When you hurt or are punchy from lack of sleep, is when you need the diversion of reading and posting on a good thread! I know! ;)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Ura-Ki, Ganado and Joe13 like this.
  7. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

One of the reasons I love it here is the creative thread drift. It works for me because I'm one of those guys whom when asked the time just might tell you how to build a watch. I personally stand convicted, so lighten up Joe, relax and enjoy the sights from the tree.

Ura-Ki, Altoidfishfins, AD1 and 3 others like this.
  8. Joe13

Joe13 Monkey

I think it's one of those pain/tired days:p:rolleyes:.

What was the question again?:D:whistle:

Brokor, Ura-Ki, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I try to run a tight ship here. [afro]

Brokor, Ura-Ki, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

Aint hard to make friends here....
    Feel free to join us on teamspeak for drinks some night.

Joe13 likes this.
  11. Joe13

Joe13 Monkey

Been looking for that forum area or thread with the info in it, could you point me in the direction? And what time of night is popular?

Mindgrinder likes this.
  12. Mindgrinder

Ganado and Joe13 like this.
  13. Olympic mountain man

Olympic mountain man just a lonely cook

I was on another site that was not as friendy as the monkey tree I like it here and you will too so just be you

Mindgrinder, Ura-Ki, GOG and 2 others like this.
  14. Joe13

Joe13 Monkey

Thanks!

We used to use it for group gaming years ago so I'll dig around for a headset and try to find a time to jump on and say hello.

Mindgrinder likes this.
  15. Mindgrinder

some of the mods are crusty, ancient and abrupt...
    But after awhile it's like dust on a wine bottle...
    Gets sweeter with time.

16. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Helping people is what we're all about, in an information sharing kind of way. :)
    Canadians can be a little tricky and temperamental, but it's okay to diss their Queen. Go figure. ;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7