Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe...

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by CRC, Nov 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Thanksgiving Dinner (large pics-sorry)

Advance apologies for large photos - I snuck down to update you. I'll resize them later.

I have to say, I haven't had such a wonderful family dinner in ages! :D

I was a bit disappointed in the browning stage. Next year (yes, I'll be doing this again), I will make a tighter bikini ~giggle~, as her tan lines weren't very defined... at all. :( I'll also use the oven proper, rather than my roasting oven to cook it next year (I think that'll aid in the browning).

My Mom, who has an amazing sense of humor, noticed immediately and just about fell on the floor laughing. She saw me take it out of the roaster and place it on the spiked board. She helped re-arrange all the food so that it would fit table center. It looked like this:
    [​IMG]

If you took a closer look, this is what you saw.

[​IMG]

My guests didn't get it at first. So, I asked "Would anyone like some breast meat?" (with a straight face, even). Then, they all looked... and looked again. [ROFL][ROFL] Laughter filled the room! It was all sooo worth it!

We all talked about what we were thankful for. And turkey, with breast-es-ses, was one of the things that we were all most thankful for.

The flavor was awesome. I was a little worried that the lemon would over-power the meat, but it didn't. This recipe IS valid and well worth the try. Be careful not to get too close to the skin with your implants (I did - and worried about the skin splitting during baking).

It will be part of my Christmas dinner menu for sure.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! I hope that you're smiling as much as the people sitting around my table were!

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Fantastic table!! Well done -- [beer]

3. annie

annie Monkey+++

It's beautiful Tracy and it tastes great ! lol Congratulations & TY. BTW it is so gorgeous I sent a copy to a Buckeye. annie

4. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

In the words of Bill & Ted....

"MOST EXCELLENT!"

[applaud] [applaud] [clp]

You Rock , Ms Trace!

5. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[lolol]

Hmmm, I might have to try this at Christmas. I'm going to try to convince the family to let me smoke the turkey, with the Bikini that should prove interesting!!

6. CRC

Wait until you see my Tiki Christmas....

Here's dessert...

[​IMG]

[beer]

7. Tracy

I can't wait, CRC!!!

8. CRC

Just for the folks that haven't been around this long....:)

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

9. Tracy

:) I can always count on you to make me smile!

Not sure what happened to the photos.

Guess I'll just have to post new ones this year. :D

For those of you who are going to do this - Be prepared for some really funny stares when you're sizing up your lemons in the produce isle. You have to get 2, as one lemon cut in half makes for uneven breast-es-ses. Folks just aren't sure what you're up to when you turn the lemon to inspect the end. It's too much fun!! :D

10. CRC

Can"t wait Tracy! :)

11. Tracy

Eight Years ago, CRC, the "best friend I never met" - as we so lovingly called each other - double-dog dared me to make the funnest holiday meal... ever!

Since she is no longer here, in person, to talk to and giggle with, I thought it would be a perfect tribute to her memory to repeat this fabulously fun recipe in her honor.

The turkey has received her implants and is roasting as I type. I will post pictures after she's done. I haven't done this in years, so I'm hoping that the family will be as surprised as they were so many years ago. Yes. As before, both sets of parents will be here. :)

I am thankful for my friends. The ones that live with me daily, and the ones that live on [angel] in my heart and my memory.

I hope you all are having a blessed, warm, and wonderful Thanksgiving day.

NVBeav, sec_monkey and ghrit like this.
  12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

With or without the foil bra?

13. Tracy

Without. :D Better effect. :flash:

14. Tracy

Before (after implants, before cooking).
    [​IMG]

15. Tracy

During baking
    [​IMG]

16. Tracy

Ready for dinner.
    [​IMG]

kellory and ghrit like this.
  17. Tracy

Another fun meal, thanks to my dear friend CRC.

kellory, NVBeav and BTPost like this.
  1. Ganado
  2. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Mar 20, 2020, 10 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  3. sec_monkey
    Blueberry fritters enjoy (y) (y) Blueberry Fritters
    Thread by: sec_monkey, Jun 8, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: Recipes
  4. DKR
  5. DKR
  6. Ganado
  7. Homunculi