For Sale The 15-Minute Shotgun by Uncle Morgan is Now on Sale

Discussion in 'Firearms and Related' started by UncleMorgan, Aug 29, 2016.

1. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Yes. All shotgun barrels frag when they burst.

The advantage of Black Iron Pipe is that it is more elastic than the steel used in regular shotguns, so it bulges before it frags. That gives you plenty of warning about when to retire the barrel, or whatever.

Royal Nonsutch packed a conventional shotgun barrel with a few inches of dirt and gravel and fired it. The barrel peeled back like a banana.

Here's what happened when he tried to blow up a slamfire shotgun barrel:

Notice that at the end he fired a 3-1/2" Magnum load through an obstructed barrel with a piece of pipe in it.

With all his torture testing, he was able to put three bulges in the barrel, but not to blow it up.

Also, the damage to the firing pin caused by the obstructed Magnum load cannot happen to the 15-mionute shotgun because it doesn't have any welds to crack. The internal firing pin is a MUCH stronger and safer way to go.

2. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

@UncleMorgan I likee me a pdf file version - please PM your paypal address!

3. UncleMorgan

Top o' th' mornin', one and all!

As of today all first-round orders for The 15-Minute Shotgun have been shipped, with the exception of one that I'm waiting on the address for.

Crusin' Sloth did not get back with after the PayPal address mistake I made, and no payments from him have shown up on the account, so I believe he has withdrawn his order.

(My apologies there, Cruisin. I quite understand.)

The last two messages I posted to this thread seem have gone astray (or perhaps I just posted them wrong),

One was a notice that all the current email orders were up to date and shipped.

The other was that I was going to try to post a video of the 15-Minute Shotgun in action. I'm delayed on that because the guy that has the range here in Illinois had to report in for work unexpectedly. So that's postponed until next Sunday.

Sadly, and alas!, with the completion of these first-round orders, I am withdrawing the hard-copy offer. It'll all have to be .pdfs henceforth. Part of that is the fact that the cost of copying has gone waaaaay up. And part of it is the difficulty in getting to a Post Office.

The booklet is 20 pages. That works out to a copy fee of $5.31 for the color pages and $1.08 for the B&W pages. Call it $6.39, plus postage & envelopes.

Accordingly, all the hard copies went out in B&W, except for one color illustration I simply refused to change.

If color matters (and it does look much nicer all in color) I will happily send a color ,pdf to everyone that ordered a hard copy. At no charge, of course. (Just let me know within the next month or so, y'all!)

I welcome comments and reviews both public and private, good or bad.

Stand by for some action video, as soon as I can hit the range.

(In the meantime, my son has clearly established that the barrel pf The 15-Minute Shotgun makes a great cheater bar when bustin' rusty nuts loose on the old Harley he's restoring. I don't think you can do that with a Benelli...)

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I bought the pdf version, and I can tell you I'm a pretty happy camper. It was well worth the expense compared to the trial and error I'd have gone through figuring it out by myself.

Motomom34, Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thank you @UncleMorgan I got it and it is well written so that even I can understand the instructions.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Lovely! thank you for making this available

UncleMorgan and Motomom34 like this.
  7. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I got mine in the mail yesterday. Wonderful stuff and very well done. The design may appear simple, but I was really impressed with the construction details

I'm already dreaming up ergonomic stock designs in some exotic material....like plywood

Thank you Uncle Morgan.

UncleMorgan and Ganado like this.
  8. UncleMorgan

I am truly tickled that y'all like it, and I seem to have actually done it right.

I grievously HATE instruction books where the writer leaves steps out and takes things for granted (like as if everyone knows what a spanner is, for example. Which I don't, except that it's some kind of funky wrench the English like. I think,)

So, anyway, I wanted it to be easy to do and easy to understand, and a hoot to play with.

I'm a'writin' more stuff, so y'all stay tuned...

Ganado likes this.
  9. UncleMorgan

Well, b'gosh & b'golly! The 15-Minute Shotgun is now an e-book on Kindle.

I just kept on tinkering with it, and now it's a 43-page book that covers not just the basic build, but a lot of upgrades and modifications.

I'm really pleased that I found a good solution for the number one design problem with all slamfire shotguns: if you don't hang on to the barrel and/or hold the shotgun dead level, Mr. Barrel is just naturally liable to fall out.

(Mr. Barrel, meet Dirt. Dirt, Mr. Barrel.)

Frankly, I would find that sooooo embarrassing...

Being a new book, it will languish in obscurity until it accumulates enough reviews to find a good place in the Kindle ratings. (Here's where I grovel & beg for reviews from anyone that buys it.) I think it will do ok, though, because my competition (book-wise) seems to largely consist of a 1-page, 4-photo "book" that has a string of seriously unsatisfactory reviews.

It's $2.99, while supplies last. I think there will be enough copies for everyone, electrons being as they are, y'know. Recyclable.

So here's the blurb, written by one of my personalities that types a lot:

The 15-Minute Shotgun is the definitive book on slamfire shotguns. Fully illustrated, it shows step-by-step how to make the simplest, easiest, and least expensive single-shot 12-ga. shotgun in the shortest amount of time, using only a few common hand tools. It covers proper operation, including loading, firing, and speed-firing, as well as safe handling, testing, strength of materials, Federal firearm regulations, and the Anti-Federal Insurance Policy. Various upgrades and enhancements are also shown, leading to the construction of uniquely personalized, effective, attractive, and very enjoyable firearms. All necessary tools are listed, as well as the required materials along with their sources and current prices. For subsistence hunting, casual target shooting, personal and home defense, all-out guerilla warfare, or even the impending Zombie Apocalypse, The 15-Minute Shotgun will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

Now I'm really hoping for a movie deal...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It's called "President Hillary Clinton - The First Thirty Days"...

11. UncleMorgan

Oh....KAY! It is now 03/21/2020, and the COVID-19 Pandemic is well under way.

Soon--very soon--it's going to get rowdy when the I-live-only-on-fast-food crowd can't buy their burgers and pizza anymore.

I had put The 15-Minute shotgun up on Etsy, only to have it banned outright by the Libroids that run the show there. Other gun-making books were peachy-fine. Mine wasn't.

Now, knowing that more people than ever are going to need this knowledge, I have put it up on Kindle. It's free for Kindle Prime, $4.95 in hardback.
    the link is : Amazon.com: The 15-Minute shotgun: Books
    or just search it up.

If someone wants an off-line copy (OPSEC) I can arrange that. Just send me a PM.

3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  12. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

FYI - the supplied link only shows the kindle version, listed as $4.99 - no paperback shows

Kindle prime is a different bird, a subscription service, so many book are 'free' to read via the subscription service. The royality rate blows, so I no longer list my books for the subscription service.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  13. UncleMorgan

Thanks, DKR.
    I was mostly interested in keeping the information out there.

I'd say you're right that the royalty rates sucks: I haven't made a dime since I put it up on Kindle.

Sigh--(Puts wrist against forehead)--Oh, Whatever is a girl to do?

I think some of my alternate personalities are drama queens.

I would really welcome any suggestions you might have about getting this (and my new Face Mask book) out at least nation-wide. The mask book is much more important. People are dying daily for lack of expedient face masks.

I just posted a new thread about the mask book.

3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  14. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

KDP allows for setting a limited free download period for your work. Once you do that you can forget any future sales of that work as it will quickly propagate thru the web as 'free share' priateware.

I've had all my books ripped off and posted on EU based sites. The fact that any download is teeming with malware seems to be beyond the comprehension of cheapass users of those sites.

Just as a note, my books run 50K words for the $1.99 and 150K words for the slightly more expensive ones ($3.99)
    You may have some sales resistance for 5USD for under 50 pages, as that is how many shop on Amazon for 'off-brand' authors. YMMV.

If you just want to get it out there, and are not worried about the bucks, post it for the free promotion period and renew at lest once. Go to Zombie squad, in the Fiction section (folks look there for books) note the free book. Ditto for Surialistboards, under the Book and Story section.

Past that, other than getting OAN News or Rusk Limbaugh to cover the work, I can't help much....

Good luck.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  15. UncleMorgan

Thanks, DKR. Every little bit helps.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7