THE 2 WITNESSES

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Gopherman, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

In the Bible there were only two men, that I have found mentioned, to not have suffered a physical death, Enoch and Elijah.
    Revelations speaks of the two witnesses,
    Rev. 11:2 They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth." 4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6 These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want. 7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.

Because these 2 prophets never died a mortal death, Could they be the 2 witnesses?
    What do you think?

2. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Could be or could be part of the remnant standing tall and bold. Revelation always gives me a headache. Seems the more I dig the deeper the pit becomes. Not to worry or fret about things. If you are "right" with the Lord you will not be here long. If not you will be able to see first hand.

tulianr likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Do NOT forget the one Apostle, John the Beloved, who according to John 21:20-23 shall tarry here on earth, until Jesus, Returns in his Glory.

4. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

John was the only Apostle to die of natural causes. Moses died, we know that because Gabriel and Satan fought over his body. just something I wonder about. Talking to my Pastor Buddy at church this morning he thinks so too, said when it starts he want to fly to Jerusalem and see them with his own eye's!! I think that would Sooooo Cooool!!![angel]
    On the mountain The Apostles looked up and saw Jesus talking to Elijah and Moses, Maybe it's Moses, but Enoch walked with God and God took him, Elijah ascended as well, it seems that maybe that will be the Mortal death that all men must face, according to God, he just really liked these Guys to hang around with so he gave them a respite!
    Interesting theology for mature Christians.

5. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

I concur completely!

6. D2wing

D2wing Monkey+

I do not think he will bring back anyone that already died. Since they will be mortal I would guess he will raise up two modern day prophets. But really I have no idea. I doubt there is a way to in advance but again I have no idea. I don't mind surprises because. God have given me several good ones.

Gopherman likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7