The 49'ers of 17

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oltymer, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

With all the erosion from the heavy rains in Cali, anybody else out there thinking about all the gold being deposited into the rivers there right now? I know it's a tragedy and I do feel sorry for all the suffering those people are having to endure, but I also know this is one of the best gold fields in the world.

After the weather insanity ceases, say April - May, provided some roads are passable, I'm thinking about a panning trip. Looking at the American rivers as potential areas. I don't think dredges are legal there, only hand tools allowed, definitely pans, maybe sluices and rocker boxes. I've done them all since I was a kid growing up in GA, and am very experienced, finding my share through the years, but sure would like to hit a oz. or bigger nugget.

I read where a guy found a 5 lb. nugget near Oroville last year. This could be the opportunity of a lifetime, and just trying to get my ducks in a row.

Tully Mars, Motomom34, GOG and 5 others like this.
  2. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Great idea and reminds me that I need to check out a seasonal creek on the property for the same reason. :) I hate the idea of going to Commiefornia, but might be worth it for the $$$.

3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Good luck to you guys! Not enough gold in Cali to get me there! That's to bad too, I loved SF and the mountains and wine country! Geological, climatological paradise! Geopolitical cesspool! :(

BTW Oops, I forgot to wish the poor folks washed out by the rains well! It's incredibly bad down there! Prayers out, stay safe, Cali's.

4. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

All the gold is behind the dam, I tried to buy the the land next to mine that has a rock dam but the a-hole who owned it thought he was going to start a bidding contest for it... without the other bidder in the same room, no thanks.

Rancher

5. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I check behind my dam all the time, so far nothing. I did find a few small flecks up stream near my water wheel, so this spring I will start digging around! One of the largest Gold Mines in the country is just a ways away, so there IS gold here. Might be a way to pay me back for buying up all the land here at my end of the valley. LOL

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7