The Almost complete index of dehydrating.

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by ammon, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ammon

ammon Monkey+

I would love the input of all those who have more experience than I, or who can suggest things that I have over looked.

Blog:http://prep2survive.blogspot.com/

I am making an index of all fruits and vegetables, and how they should be dehydrated. It has been started on my blog, but I would also like to copy the info here for all of the forum readers.

I have categories of:
    - Foods needing blanching
    - Foods needing steaming
    - Foods needing ascorbic acid or lemon juice
    - Foods needing no prep work

You can see the list I have started, but I feel it is still incomplete, and there are things I have over looked.

If you disagree with my methods outlined I would also like to know that, as many things have a few ways to be completed.

I also plan to include the temperature the different things should be dried at, and a ball park estimate of how long they should be dried for.

Once I feel I have a good foundation, I will make a thread on the forums, with the complete info and who knows, maybe it'll be made into a sticky for everyone's reference.

Thanks to all those who can help this move forward in a way that can be beneficial to the whole community.

2. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Thanks for a very informative blog. [applaud]

I'm really new to dehydrating, so I would suggest you put the time and temp next to the food for us newbies to get the best drying results.

Thanks!

Kajun

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7