The Assasination of Benazir Bhutto

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by andrew414, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Evenglischatiest

Evenglischatiest Monkey+++

Do you think there's any truth to the rumor that Bhutto was shot with a 6.5 Carcano?

That would explain everything. [winkthumb]

2. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Funny, same for me. It's nice having a well stocked bar, but it was getting out of hand for awhile there. Wife made a comment last night when I was busy cranking out a couple grand of 5.56, "Not having a beer tonight".
    You can only take so much tin foil hat crap before you start to crack. That is the reason I finally cut WR completely off a few months ago, there was almost no talk about guns, just conspiracies and got tired of it, it is really depressing to constantly read that the world is falling apart. That is why I don't participate as much here as I used to, I try to avoid the TFH stuff and stick to good old survival topics, but look at me now!
    Guess it's time to head back to the [booze]

[beer]

3. andrew414

andrew414 Howdy.

Following up on my post.... (And yes, the burritos at Rudy's are awesome)

Bhutto was killed. How, we may never know. It is easy to kill people in Pakistan. Bhutto was easier to kill because she was denied security requests. Wolf Blitzer and Bhutto's American liason have all but proved this. The blame for this, she rested squarely on Musharaaf: on CNN, in primetime tv, for all to see.

The ISI works literally in lock step with the CIA. Our Secretary of State put her back in the democracy game. I'm not saying that the CIA killed her, but who wouldn't the ISI cater to? Throw enough money around and you will always get results. And, if you want to get results in Pakistan, call the ISI. (Just ask Danny Pearl)

Follow the money: Or, rather, who has enough money and whose motives are served by her death. Democracy in Pakistan is undesirable to the same people who have fought and won the effective dissolution of democracy in the US. So, we keep Pakistan as a nuclear-capable banana republic puppet? This way we can "be all we can be" under the guise of a supposedly disconnected ally afflicted by Al Qaeda turrerists. Our relationship with Pakistan makes no sense whatsoever. They all hate the west. They have nukes. Osama Bin Laden lives there to this day. Why, then, have we been pumping billions into their government?

Because that's how the "west" will be won. We know Pakistan moved cash for the operational funding of the 9/11 attack. I think Pakistan is, again, the fulcrum for whatever next horrible false flag attack they dream up. They want to renew the fervor after 9/11 in the form of something even more devastating. Not even a dirty bomb could top that. It would have to be a supercritical device in an urban center.

Their plan is losing steam. They desperately need a brand new rally cry for the drooling masses to scream while they march to the cliff of oblivion. But, we won't be screaming for Musharaaf's head.

andrew
    [booze]

4. sniper-66

Bhutto was killed because she knew there was a security threat to her life and she ignored security protocols. When you are told that you are going to be killed, you don't stand up in the sunroof of a SUV, period. I'm not saying she deserved what she got, but she got what she bought.

5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

My Comment;

Who cares!
    The gene pool needs a little chlorine from time to time. If you were going to give the world an enema you would insert the nozzle in Pakistan. Let them run around riot and burn cars and kill each other. Nothing that I would loose any sleep over. I'm tired of hearing about it.

Nukes? Please, the only threat to us is our own .gov using this latest "scarer" threat to infringe further on our civil liberties.

Watching these prostiticians trying to spin this to advance their own agenda is sickening. The only sane statement I have heard was from Ron Paul on Faux News. His view,IIRC, was "It's their problem not ours. Any talk of going over there and "Doing something" is crazy. Let them settle their own problems."

6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

How do we know that we aren't being spoon fed what they want us to hear? There are 2 sides to every coin, no matter how you spin it.

Get involved with Pakistan's problems. Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong, unless you are prepared to have the wrath of both sides against you. Isn't that what usually happens?

When will we learn to quit being the policeman of the world?

I could give a rats *ss about somebody else's dirty laundry.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VdAn0Ok9vNM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VdAn0Ok9vNM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

7. sniper-66

The only outcome to this is going to be another unreasonable increase n gas prices.

8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

After just having a couple of drinks the entire year, I have emptied a bottle of single barrel Jack over the holidays with a little help from a friend. My grandfather passed away on the 13th, and it just hasn't felt like the holidays of usual. His passing was not a shock, and the drinking was more to the fact that I was around friends and family that I drink with during this time of year. Still, I have felt this feeling of impending doom for the last couple of weeks and I cannot shake it.

Since my girls are out of town this weekend and I am coming off of vacation I actually have some time to contribute to the conversation. The assassination of Bhutto and current events in Pakistan do not have me worried, I just find it an interesting read in a very old play. Motives were plenty, but in the end she was a woman in a leadership role in the Islamic world. Frankly I am surprised she lasted as long as she did. There are too many hard line Muslims that were looking for an opportunity. Remember just a couple of weeks ago when they were looking to behead an English teacher because she named a teddy bear Muhammad? From watching the CNN videotape you could see her security was non existent. She should have learned from the attack at Karachi. If it starts becoming unstable, then I have no doubt we will send in the .............[patr] that is if we haven't already............

9. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

E.L. Sorry to hear about your granddad. Expected or not, it always hurts.

10. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks RH, the one thing that made it so much more bearable, was that the Navy sent in three of it's finest for the folding of the flag, and the playing of taps. While going through our camcorder and watching video I came across it just this week, and it sent chills up my spine. When we set his casket down at the burial site, my arm touched the flag draped upon it, and it made me think of him as a young man in WWII. Later at the ranch one of his letters were read that he sent to my grandmother while he was far away in the Pacific. He talked of current events, asked about the livestock, and how much he missed them all. He also spoke of how even though they may lose the ranch because he is away, he felt that the cause was just and that if we were not fighting them over there, then we would be fighting them over here. Such a great generation of men and women. So noble, so unselfish, so true to their values and beliefs. We are blessed to have him as family.

11. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

And its our job to live the values they taught us by example. We were all blessed by your grandfathers service to our country and I will remember him in my prayers.

12. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Sorry to hear about your grandfather E.L. but glad things went well with the ceremonies.

13. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Sorry to hear of the news of your grandfathers passing, prayers sent. [flag]

14. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

E.L

I'm sorry to hear of your Grandfathers passing. Expected or not it always leaves a void in our lives. As far as his letter goes yes Honor, Duty and most of all Respect was first and foremost in their generations. I believe we would do well sometimes to look back at our elders now and use their wisdom.
    As far as the situation goes over there; well, it is pretty much unstable in one way or another all of the time. Ms Buhtto knew of the threats against her. That was part of the reason she had been living in England for the past couple of years. When she got back there was a attempt on her life shortly after her return. It was even talked about when she did an interview I believe it was on CNN but I could be wrong. She said she felt it was her duty to come back and lead.
    How it will all end up is anyone's guess but there is one guarantee. Before it's over there will be a lot of blood shed.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

15. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Im sorry EL prayers for you and yours.

16. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I thought it was just me; a six pack of Guiness extra stout used to last 5 days, now its gone in two.[booze]if I shut out the tube and net and just worried about what I could physically touch I think I'd be alot saner. ( but where's the fun in that?)
    [beer]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7