The Beer Tent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clyde, Sep 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

FB_IMG_1469171683606.

Dunerunner and Ganado like this.
  2. Minuteman

FB_IMG_1469170634036.

Yard Dart, Dunerunner and BTPost like this.
  3. Minuteman

FB_IMG_1469193408467.

Dunerunner and Ganado like this.
  4. Minuteman

FB_IMG_1469194929002.

Yard Dart, Dunerunner and Ganado like this.
  5. Minuteman

FB_IMG_1469193433139.

VisuTrac, Dunerunner, Ganado and 2 others like this.
  6. Minuteman

FB_IMG_1469193427047.

7. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Trunk Monkey

i really like RPM, hop venom and notorious from Boneyard. i also like just about anything from Deschutes Brewing. im partial to most oregon beers though. dont get me wrong i like my corona and coors light too!

Dunerunner and Yard Dart like this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Something I found this summer in California...

This brewery is called Moonraker, named after the top sail on a square mast sailing ship. The beer is Yojo...

Light Straw with a soft foamy head from the 16oz can, this IPA is unfiltered and somewhat hazy in the glass. The combination of Galaxy, Mosaic, Simcoe, Citra and CTZ is simply amazing. My first sip was all white grapefruit, and the bite of the hops was so mild, I was done with the glass of Tropicana before I knew it. Amazing

[​IMG]

Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  9. Dunerunner

I was asked about Hops and how they were used in different styles of beer. Well, there are currently well more than 90 varieties of hops for brewing, and you can find the list here if you are interested... Hop Chart

I like a North West Hop in my IPA and Pale Ale so I use Cascade for bittering and finish with Chinook in an IPA. I have used Amarillo, Cascade and Chinook in IPA's and American Pales that was wonderful. Mt. Hood and Willamette work well with my two favorites also adding an earthy note to the beer. An American Pale ale is quite different from and English Pale. English Pale ales tend to be more malty with less hop note as they utilize a traditional English hop rather than those currently in favor in The States.

I drifted away recently from my traditional hops in a stout and was not happy with the results. After a year, and allowing the stout to sit on some fresh roast espresso coffee beans for a week, it has gotten better. Still bitter, but a majority of the hop note has dropped out. By traditional, I mean a single hop addition at the beginning of the boil and generally East Kent Golding or Fuggle.

Hop profiles can be complex and some hops do not belong in some beers. That doesn't mean that in today's market you won't find an American Wheat beer loaded with Citra hops. It seems that the hoppy craze has taken over the craft brewing industry and what was traditional is now considered bland by comparison.

I feel both approaches have a place in the market. After all some people like Jalapeno peppers in their beer.

Ganado likes this.
  10. Dunerunner

I love a good hoppy beer, but I equally love a traditional English Pale especially when served on cash through a beer engine.

Some severely hoppy beers...

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid - 8% ABV, 102 IBUs
    Russian River Pliny the Elder - 8% ABV, 100 IBUs
    Resin from Sixpoint Brewing - 9.1% ABV 103 IBUs
    Ruination from Stone Brewing - 8.5% ABV 100+ IBUs
    Ruinten from Stone Brewing - 10.8% ABV, 110 IBUs
    Devil Dancer from Founders Brewing - 12% ABV, 112 IBUs
    Hopsickle from Moylan's Brewing - 9.2% ABV, 100+ IBUs
    Maharaja from Avery Brewing - 10.5% ABV, 102 IBUs
    Abrasive from Surly Brewing - 9% ABV, 120 IBUs
    Liberator from Short's Brewing - 8.1%, 116 IBUs
    Oracle from Bell's Brewing - 10% ABV, 90 IBUs
    Hop-15 from Port Brewing - 10% ABV, 182 IBUs
    120 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Brewing - 18% ABV, 120 IBUs

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Had a nice lunch today at Snoqualmie Brewing Co.
    Black Frog Stout.... an Irish oatmeal stout....mighty tasty!!
    20161112_122436.

Ganado and Dunerunner like this.
  12. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Where's your fork? :ROFLMAO:

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  13. Dunerunner

Geez... I visited the Falls when we were in Issaquah and I never knew there was a brewery in Snoqualme....

14. Yard Dart

Our Beers
    I guess I forgot to mention that... or you did not ask. They also have a most excellent Porter......Steam Train Porter

Found another new Brewery over in North Bend recently that is fantastic... they have some great beers as well.... more to follow!! :D

Ganado likes this.
  15. Dunerunner

This is really unkind to tease us with breweries without distribution and that we have to suffer the insane traffic of Washington's wet side to get there. :(

16. Yard Dart

That is the beauty of the whole thing... these small shops have limited presence... and we get to enjoy it on our own...while moss grows on us and rain is never forgiving!!!!

Ganado likes this.
  17. Dunerunner

No brewery in my town..:(

18. Yard Dart

World’s strongest and most expensive beer is sold in the body of a squirrel

Can you still call it beer when it’s stronger than most bourbons? The 55% alcohol “End of History” beer by Brewdog may be the rarest craft brew in the world and the brewmasters have gone well out of their way to make it unique as possible. Wrapped in the body of a dead squirrel, “End of History” isn’t just strong and weird, it’s also incredibly expensive. One bottle of this weird brew will set you back $20,000.

Buyers aren’t just investing in the world’s weirdest piece of taxidermy, that high cost also buys you a stake in the BrewDog company. The “End of History” beer is part of a massive promotional campaign coupled with -crowdfunding hoping to raise the $50 million needed to build a new brewery in Columbus, Ohio as well as a few brew-pubs in select cities.

While it may seem strange, the squirrel bottle has been doing its job. BrewDog co-founder James Watt told Time Money “We’ve definitely seen a boost in the number of Equity Punk shareholders coming on board since we announced that the first beer we will be brewing in our US brewery will be The End of History. Craft beer lovers in America have shown that they want to join us on the crazy ride that lies ahead. We wouldn’t have a US brewery without our investors, and we want to celebrate by giving them access to something extra exclusive that you just can’t get your hands on any other way.”

In 2010 only 12 bottles were produced. To help them stand out, BrewDog partnered with a taxidermist known as ‘Simon the Stuffer.’ His unique creations are disturbingly beautiful, particularly when they’re wearing formal wear.

[​IMG]
    (image source; BresDog)

“Everything about this beer is different to anything you’re used to,” says Watt. “It’s convention-disrupting and limitless. It’s designed to make you think differently about what’s in your glass. … I mean, it’s packaged in a squirrel!”

[​IMG]
    (image source; BresDog)

World's strongest and most expensive beer is sold in the body of a squirrel

Dunerunner likes this.
  19. Dunerunner

There are times I have to just shake my head...

Yard Dart likes this.
  20. Yard Dart

Crazy stuff ehh, the squirrels cracked me up!!!!
    And 20K a bottle. [OO]

Dunerunner likes this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Ganado
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Altoidfishfins
  7. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. Witch Doctor 01
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. AxesAreBetter
  15. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  16. chelloveck
  17. 3M-TA3
  18. Yard Dart
  19. OldDude49
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7