The Beer Tent

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clyde, Sep 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Hoegaarder, one of the best tasting wheat beers I've ever had.

[​IMG]

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Tonight's beer of choice... Sling Jaw IPA from Moonraker, Auburn Ca.

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Dunerunner

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Hey - I just found this place! Who drank all the dang beer?

Dunerunner likes this.
  5. Dunerunner

I post here and I have lost this thread so many times it is ridiculous.

As for who drank all the beer.... I think it was @Yard Dart

3M-TA3 likes this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Since it's not quite summer yet and a little cool today I'll go ahead and share this
    upload_2017-6-1_18-15-9.
    It's the only sweet beer I truly enjoy due to it's unique flavor. @Yard Dart may only have one.

Yard Dart and Dunerunner like this.
  7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Or three......

8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Dammit YD, now I have to go back all the way into North Nutlandia to get another 6 pack...

Dunerunner and Yard Dart like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Found some of this today, had to get a sixer to try. Haven't found my ceremonial church key yet, but will report when I do.
    Victory Golden Monkey

Dunerunner and Yard Dart like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It is in the drawer, next to the Fridge......

Dunerunner likes this.
  11. Dunerunner

12. ghrit

Allrighty then, found the ceremonial church key. Herewith the evaluations.
    From my stone mason and his helper:
    Panther piss, do not drink. (But they both like pale ales like Yeungling and Bud. Cretins.)
    From me:
    Very faint sweetness with a rather mundane beer/hops flavor gratefully short on burnt hop undertones. Cannot call it great, but well withing parameters of getting buzzy fast, even faster than a 14% wine. In short if you drink for pleasure, try something else. If you drink for business, it's good stuff.

13. Jamesruiz0818

Jamesruiz0818 On Hiatus Banned

14. Dunerunner

Where I've bee working tha past few weeks...

21728682_1890222584326672_6153368288841945430_o.

15. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Well, I decided to try it tonight. Not a big fan of wheat beers but you're right, it's pretty good.
    Although, after the 3rd or 4th one, It's not as refreshing as the first 2.
    Local beer retailer was running a special .. maybe they'd been cooled/warmed and cooled again and were no longer in their prime.

It's a toss up between this and Bell's Oberon.

Dunerunner likes this.
  16. Dunerunner

More pics...

B3.JPG IMG_1763.JPG 22886079_1942090695806527_7138697926899446329_n.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  17. Dunerunner

Today, our two brewers were introduced to the greater Sacramento Beer Community with a meet and greet hosted by Old Town Pizza in Roseville, California. The first 100 through the door received a ticket which allowed them to purchase a flight of four 4 oz. tasters of beers our brewers created. To say this was a success is an understatement. Conservatively, on a cold an rainy morning there were thirty people in line at 9:00AM for and event that did not start until 11AM. The line grew over the remaining few hours and more than 100 were seated in the reserved area for the event. All four of the tasters in the flight were stouts... Ranging from 9% ABV to 14.5 ABV, with three of them being bourbon barrel aged, two of those coffee infused.

After that, the event turned into a bottle share with guests opening one amazing beer after another. One I tasted was a Peanut Butter Stout (PB-Thursday) at 19% ABV from The Bruery in Placentia, California. Our brewer from San Diego brought three kegs from his former brewery Abnormal, they were three of the beers in the flight of four. The forth was brewed by a local brewer in collaboration with an existing brewery/restaurant in Roseville. Did I say that the flight of four were each equally amazing!

Anyway, so much for my first day, now comes the work to get this brewery going and the brewers freed up to brew instead of painting and decorating or running lighting...

Yard Dart likes this.
  18. ghrit

The radio club meetings are held in a pub just down the hill from here. Pete dabbles in serving experimental brews from more or less local breweries. I almost always take his recommendations, and the best so far was a 14.5 percent chocolate porter. Did I remember the name? Hah. What chu think, Willis?

(The sibling vanilla porter just plain sucked. Only 9.5 percent and tasted awfully thin.)

Dunerunner likes this.
  19. Dunerunner

I agree in that I like my Stouts and Porters to have plenty of malty backbone, to the point where they are almost chewable or approach the consistency of syrup! One guest brought this bottle... Well, one like this bottle because I didn't get a pic!

[​IMG]

Yard Dart likes this.
  20. ghrit

Side light. When I showed up at one of the meetings I mentioned above, Pete asked me what I wanted. My very loud answer was something like "Gimme one of the blackest sewer bottom brews you have back there, draft or bottle." Heavier than I should have been on "black" but drew some laughs as well as funny looks.

Gator 45/70, Yard Dart and Dunerunner like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Ganado
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Altoidfishfins
  7. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Oct 23, 2018, 23 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. Witch Doctor 01
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. AxesAreBetter
  15. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  16. chelloveck
  17. 3M-TA3
  18. Yard Dart
  19. OldDude49
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7