The Bird Is In The Smoker aka What's For Dinner At Your Place?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TXKajun, Nov 22, 2012.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

We have a 12.8 lb turkey that I thawed in the fridge for 3 days. It was just barely thawed yesterday afternoon when I took it out and put it in a brine solution. I brined it for 12 hours and this morning, about 8 AM, put it in my little Cajun Injector smoker....275 degrees for 2 hours....and it'll finish off in the oven. We'll have the usual side dishes....green bean casserole, cornbread dressing, rice dressing, mashed 'taters & gravy, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, and for dessert we'll have pumpkin pie and cheese cake.

Watch a little football while the turkey is baking, maybe sip a little Johnny Walker scotch. Great day in store for us! :)

Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll!

Kajun

tacmotusn likes this.
  2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

We ate our homegrown turkey last thurs with all the trimmings, had extended family over and the 15# bird disappeared.
    Today we are having porkchops and country ribs from 'Patches' our pig generously donated, baked taters and acorn squash and some cornbread casserole. No extra family today.

tacmotusn likes this.
  3. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Smoking a small turkey and a pork shoulder in the pit.

4. Dawg23

Dawg23 do or do not, there is no try

ribeye steak for me. the family is gone for the weekend to relatives, and Im home alone [touchdown]and nothing better than a steak and beer for lunch :D

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Also home alone, roasting a chicken breast to go with the beer.

6. Dawg23

Dawg23 do or do not, there is no try

that was my thanksgiving meal. was superb. nice ribeye cooked on the grill [winkthumb]
    lunch.

7. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

Mama's fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, salad, and her famous lemon cheesecake for dessert. Food coma to follow. ;)

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I am cooking Bacon, and hard-boiling Eggs for AlaskaChicks 7 Layer Salad..... I will preheat the Electric Oven in an hour or so, when she takes over the kitchen....
    Sweet Taters, Stuffing with Turkey Gravy, and Crosaunetts, will round out the meal. Just one Close Neighbor, in the hood this year. Dinner @ 3Pm... Snow expected anytime....

VisuTrac likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

You mean @Mortimer Adler Moose isn't the guest of honor? [drooling]

ditch witch and oldawg like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Naw, Neither He, or any of his relatives, have been seen around the Hood in a few weeks.... We try and have a Traditional Turkey Dinner, for the Neighbors... We have a Venison Pizza Bash, at Wayne's, on Christmas Eve.... and a Baked Glazed Ham Dinner on Christmas Day, here.... Oh and a Solstice Party, up at the Lake, on the 22nd of Dec.... Ice fishing, Hot Dawgs, and Hot Chocolate... with FourWheeler towed InnerTube rides if the Ice is thick enough......

tacmotusn likes this.
  11. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Success! Tender, juicy, barely cooked which made it sooooooooooooooo juicy! The side dishes turned out awesome, gravy over almost everything, time for a nap if it wasn't Cowboy game time. :)

Kajun

12. ghrit

Redskin win time, says me.

13. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Taco's and all the fixin's

happy_thanksgiving_answer_1_xlarge.
    happy_thanksgiving_answer_1_xlarge.

14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Big mug of coffee, egg/sausage/cheese macmuffin, orange juice, turkey wing, snickers icecream bar, big glass of milk and cheese and crackers, and off to bed. That was just me, But I did help cook and serve 500+ homeless and poor a full traditional thanksgiving dinner

Dawg23 and BTPost like this.
  15. ghrit

That's the sort of thing monkeys do, tac. Kudos.

tacmotusn likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7