The Brothers didn't do it.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hosster, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

and don't forget the janitor at the World Trade Center felt explosions days before the buildings dropped .... oh yeh, the 9/11 planes only had dead bodies on board and everything was done by remote control ....

if you haven't figured it out yet .... nobody planted the Boston bombs ... the CIA "beamed" them into place .....

Quigley_Sharps and tulianr like this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Skip ahead to about 33:00 if you want the scoop.

3. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

And sometimes, it is what it is. An overabundance of information available on the internet, a mistrust (generally deserved) of the government's motives, and a majority of the American public feeling that they are not in control of their own lives and future; generates a whole lot of conspiracy theory fodder. The biggest problem with intelligence agencies' data mining efforts is that if you collect enough information, and you have a preconceived hypothesis (which I believe is a requirement in developing such programs), you can make a case against almost anyone.

The hypothesis - "There are AlQaieda sleeper agents active in America."
    The data - Suspect A is from the Middle East. Suspect A is a Muslim. Suspect A is angry about American military actions abroad. Suspect A has family members who associate with known or suspected members of AlQaieda. Suspect A has access to materials which could be used to construct an IED. Suspect A traveled to the Middle East six months ago.
    Ergo - Suspect A is an AlQaieda sleeper agent.

No, not Ergo. Has Suspect A actually committed a crime? No. He is no different than the two and a half million other Muslims who live in the United States.

I'd hate to see the hypothetical case that could be constructed against me, or any other monkey on this site, based on what is on our computers, on our bookshelves, in our pantries, cars, closets, gun safes, and hidden locations.

The internet is a wonderful conduit, and reservoir, of information; but all that information can cloud our common sense at times too. For me, most conspiracy theories fall apart when I back up and ask myself - "who profits?" and "how many people would have to be complicit in this conspiracy?"

It's hard enough to keep a secret between two people. Twenty thousand people? Really?

I've been in the military. I've been in intelligence. I've been a member of so called "secret societies." Sorry, but the myth is way more interesting than the truth. All of those groups are formed of people not that different than you and I, as are the police forces. "They" are not some evil empire, and there is no dark Sith Lord pulling all the strings.

Are there dirt bags in our government? Sure. Are there self absorbed, ego-centric, greedy idiots in our government, in our police, in our intelligence agencies? Sure there are, because they are drawn from our society. Go to Walmart. How many of the people around you are not self absorbed, ego-centric, greedy idiots?

There were a lot of backpacks at the Boston Marathon. There should have been. Anyone with a thread of common sense, out in that crowd, standing for hours on end, would have had a backpack. Were many of them black? Yes they were. What color are most of the back packs that we have? Were there security forces (be they, FBI, military, DHS, or police) dressed just alike in matching desert boots, tan trousers, black jackets, carrying black back packs, and wearing cool wrap around shades? Yes! Did they stand out like a sore thumb? Yes!

Conspiracy theories are fun. They are puzzles with endless pieces, which can forever be shaped and reshaped to fit the holes that we're trying to fill. They are also sometimes an impediment to understanding. Just my forever boring two cents.

4. Brokor

Compartmentalization is key. Just because you do not understand how this works, doesn't mean it can't happen. Stop placating the issue, Tulianr. We aren't all ignorant enough to believe everything we see and hear.

The PROOF is self-evident. If you can honestly say this government is just and the Saudi's aren't multi-billionaires taking care of their own, then prove it. The evidence suggests we are right.

It's easier to smuggle a bomb into the event in a black backpack if most people have black backpacks. It's not a "theory", it's common sense logic.

As for the "conspiracy theory" rhetoric, it's easy to claim we are all in the same boat, that every explanation opposite the official story is a "theory", but it's actually a small percentage of the "theorists" who corrupt the truth of the matter, and even some of that can be explained as psy-ops. Being in intelligence yourself, you must understand its significance.

I am certain it makes you feel comforted in believing the "sane" ideals you espouse, but it only harbors indifference. People NEED to get angry. And they NEED to act.

5. Hosster

Hosster Monkey

Bare with me. This post might be a little long.

I believe the overabundance of information is intentional. I believe they feed us small bits of believable information. However when you put all the information together it's completely unbelievable. Sadly, not too many people put it together.

For instance:

Two brothers carry AK47 each... believable

Two brothers carry three pressure cooker bombs after the bombing. ..believable

Two brothers carry enough ammo to fend off DHS and the entire Boston police long enough for one to get away. ..believable

Two brothers carjack a car. .believable

Two brothers brag about being the bombers to the person they took the car from.... believable

NOW LET'S PUT IT ALL TOGETHER.

Two brothers carrying two AK47, three pressure cookers, and enough ammo to fend off DHS and the entire Boston police department approach a car and the driver does not speed off in the middle of a state of emergency. The two highly violent men who have already killed others brag about being the bombers. They then kindly let the driver go without a scratch on him after bragging about being the bombers so he can call and tip off the police.
    Finally when running from the police they say "oh shoot we brought these bombs with us and they look incriminating. We have been trained on how to explode them and know throwing them out the Window won't explode them, but let's ditch them anyway"

How about that? Does that sound believable?

Brokor likes this.
  6. Hosster

Hosster Monkey

All seriousness aside

uploadfromtaptalk1366652844694.

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and Brokor like this.
  7. Brokor

Here you go, guys. This helps answer some questions, and clears up some "conspiracy theories", in particular the security team at the marathon.

National Guard Civil Service Security. We must still question the FBI and CIA and their involvement since they have been known and proven to have taken part in manufactured terror in the past. (Although "The Craft" logos are still troubling me).

By the way it wasn't corporate media who took the time to break this story. It was indy media.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  8. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

I hope all you folks talking about black backpacks are ready to be called RACIST!!! There were all colors of backpacks there. The ones the accused appeared to have were color negative, to be PC.

*sarcasm* LOL

Kajun

tulianr likes this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

"how many people would have to be complicit in this conspiracy?"

That's the part that gives me pause with the conspiracy theories. Any particular small group isn't hard to take, but bolting them all together into one grand, glorious, world wide plot just does not trip my credibility trigger, regardless of how well compartmentalized. Ring me up on the unbelievers squad.

kellory likes this.
  10. Brokor

Compartmentalization (intelligence)

Compartmentalization (intelligence) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"When this was going on, I had absolutely no idea what was going on in the rest of the military intelligence, the rest of our government. Everything is so compartmentalized that you don’t really know necessarily what the person next to you is doing, let alone in a different room in a different building in a different location. And so, it really wasn’t until the New York Times piece came out about the NSA’s domestic wiretapping that I really began to think about what we were doing and my mission and that we were collecting on Americans. And we were doing so for the flimsiest of reasons."

The concept often rendered by those who attempt to bite off and chew the entire subject in one gulp, is that there's no way EVERYBODY can be in on what's going on. These people ignore the very simple concept because to them it MUST be difficult, or else how could these horrible events keep happening? It's a trick their own minds play, to assign a construct of difficulty to a simple and proven technique --and this is where the genius is implied. All that is needed, are a few key players in several strategic organizations to promote from within and use compartmentalization (not the function of the mind) to manage information. The rest of the contributors are, in most cases very GOOD PEOPLE who actually believe they are performing their jobs faithfully, but as is often the case, are unwittingly supporting a very corrupt system and series of policies. So, there is no massive worldwide conspiracy comprised of millions of willing servants who knowingly assist in manufactured terror. This is a gross misrepresentation of the facts. The actual truth is very simple, too simple for some to even grasp. And perhaps this is the reason why too many people find it easy to claim everything NOT promoted by the corporate establishment is simply a "conspiracy theory".

Hosster likes this.
  11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

No. They each had a bag. Each bag had a pressure cooker. Unless this report is them, or is it?
    Deadly bombs rock Boston marathon - CBS News

But then there were statements like this early in the investigation:
    Boston Marathon explosions: Deaths, injuries reported - Chicago Tribune

So do we have a sleeper cell or what. I do believe the brothers had a hand in this. But I also believe they were not alone.

12. tulianr

Trust me, as someone who dealt with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) for an entire career, I know the definition of "compartmentalization." I also understand the basics of analysis, and I can tell the difference between rational analysis and spurious analysis. I taught intelligence analysts for quite a while.

I know all the dots can be connected. The problem is that the dots being connected are only the dots which help to complete the picture that the believer has in his or her head. Their belief may be true or false, but in order for the analysis to be rational, all of the dots must be equally considered. We can't just discard dots because they don't fit. We can't decide beforehand that a conspiracy must be afoot, and therefore we must discard the obvious evidence because, "that's what 'they' want us to think." That is called manipulating the evidence. It's also called spurious analysis.

The patronizing position that you are assuming is no different than that taken by true believers throughout the centuries - "If you don't believe as I believe, you obviously don't understand. You poor little blind sheep."

It's a position that has been assumed by some Pagans, some Jews, some Christians of all flavors, and some Muslims alike - "If you don't see the world as I do, you're obviously wrong." "We need an Inquisition, or a Crusade, or a Jihad, to sort it out." "It isn't possible for me to be wrong, and I feel threatened by the fact that they don't agree with me, so I will kill all all the non-believers."

Religious enthusiasts are not the only groups who employ such patronizing thought processes. For the anti-gun crowd, gun lovers "just don't get it." For Conservatives, the liberals "are blind sheeple." For Liberals, the Conservatives "are narrow minded morons." For those who believe there is a conspiracy behind every leaf, the nay-sayers "are naive lemmings, blind to their own destruction."

Just as labels, these patronizing attitudes say far more about those who employ them, than they say about those to whom the labels or attitudes are directed. Just as I accept the expression, "When I hear hoofbeats, I think horses, not zebras;" I accept that the most reasonable explanation is probably the correct one. I don't see the point is constructing the most implausible explanation to every event. As a mental exercise, it's a swell idea. As a world view, hmm.... not so much.

Folks are free to believe whatever they want to believe, but evidence and rational analysis is what forms my opinion. Patronizing comments, condescension, and ill fitting puzzle pieces don't make much of an impact on me. Are some of the claims in this thread theoretically possible? Sure they are. Might I turn out to be a blind lemming? Perhaps. Maybe the movie "Matrix" had the right idea, and none of our "reality" is in fact real.

13. Brokor

Now it's time to cry "wolf", Tulianr? You just compared my very sensible and logical response to you with the ravings of Muslim fanatics.

I shall forgive your error and move on. You should do the same.

14. tulianr

I'm glad you're so understanding.

You seem to be a good guy. You're obviously intelligent and well informed. I enjoy reading your posts, and often agree with them, and often find your perspectives mind-broadening and thought provoking. I don't agree with everything that you say, and I wouldn't expect you to agree with all of my pontificating. But I do have my own opinions. I no more appreciate condescension directed at my opinions than anyone else appreciates it directed at theirs. I don't feel that I need to be silent when I disagree with stated opinions, or risk being labeled simple minded through not so subtle implications.

Admit it; you and I could co-author a book on condescension.

chelloveck, Brokor and kellory like this.
  15. Hosster

Hosster Monkey

You misunderstood. I was speaking about after the bombing. Supposedly they threw three pressure cooker bombs out the Window of the car they carjacked. I am simply saying it is highly unbelievable for me to think that two guys with enough bags to carry three pressure cookers, enough ammo to fend off DHS and BPD and carry two rifles could approach a vehicle without looking suspicious and causing the driver to freak and drive off, nor is it likely that two murders would let the driver walk away Scott free without a scratch so he could immediately call the police.

As far as "conspiracy theories" to me there is nothing conspiracy about it. We all at some point have followed a high profile trial. We all form our own opinions. Unfortunately lately many off us form our opinions based on the highly dramatic media that plays on our emotions. My opinion is just that the brothers didn't do it. If they were involved in anyway it was thinking they were helping the FBI on an "exercise" and wind up being patsies.

I just don't get it. The older brother might have been extreme. The younger one sends tweets about being a patriot and 9/11 being an inside job and now he is a terrorist?
    Leaves me thinking "damn I am a patriot and think 9/11 could have been an inside job. . Will I be the next patsy"

Furthermore, I am disgusted by my fellow Americans who think he should have been killed in the boat... There are plenty out there. I actually want to hear what this guy has to say, and the linch mob mentality is not American.

kellory likes this.
  16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Now there, we are in complete agreement. [applaud]

17. vegasrandall

vegasrandall Monkey+++

where are the guns from the big shootout??? there hasn't been jack in the news about their weapons. no cops holding up weapons,no bullet holes in police cars?

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Like ghrit, I also applaud this statement. I have heard and read many blood thirsty things of what people want done to this kid. I am shocked at how freely people want to forgo the trial and just put him in the electric chair.

chelloveck, kellory and tulianr like this.
  19. tulianr

Yeah. Everybody knows you need to baste 'em before you cook 'em. ;)

I too would like to hear what he has to say, but I'm afraid his story will be an all too common and mundane one. His life wasn't turning out to expectations, from what I read he was in danger of failing out of school; he came from a strife torn, broken home - his parents divorced, and both returned to Russia, leaving the two brothers in America; he felt abandoned and alone and only had his big brother to turn to.

His big brother, similarly disenchanted with his life, attempted to reinvent himself by turning to religion. Unfortunately, he turned to a bastardized, radical form of his family's religion, and decided that there was more for him in the next world than in this.

Little brother followed older brother on a course that ultimately led to their own destruction, and the loss of life and limb to a lot of innocent people who happened to be in their path. It's not really that different than the stories of most of the school shooters; it just has a religious element. The true motivation is the same though - "Life has hurt me, and I'm going to strike out and hurt someone else."

chelloveck likes this.
  20. Brokor

Indeed we could. Although, I do not intend to be condescending, it may certainly come across that way. I like your posts, too. We all must be careful not to anger each other, and at the same time not pollute the board. I try to keep opinions out of touchy subjects, it helps me anyway. It's tough to do sometimes, though.

kellory likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7