The Cake Walk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, Sep 4, 2021.

1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Mom entered me in a Cake Walk at my sister’s school when I was 3 or 4. I remember there was two of us left and only one cake. Now when the music stopped I knew enough to know I’d won that cake. The next thing I know that other little brat runs up to the table and claims the cake. I cried and Mom grabbed me from the stage. I got screwed!!

2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Who enters 20 kids in a Cake Walk with only 19 cakes?! Sickos, that’s who. Lol.

Ura-Ki and Dunerunner like this.
  3. duane

duane Monkey+++

Well, you learned the most important rule in life, it isn't fair, but if you quit, you lose. My big disappointment with the modern education system is it belief that every one must win. When being chased by a hungry bear, being last is not an agreeable solution, nor is being second in a knife fight. Your mother in her own way taught you a valuable lesson, pick your fights and it is usually best to be sure you can win them. Some Indian tribes had the custom of a "death song". It indicated that you didn't expect to survive, but you couldn't run away or the battle was worth fighting. Most Americans no longer see the need for such last ditch decisions if they haven't been in the military or work in public safety.

As has been said before, Teach your children well and spoil your grandchildren, spoil your children and you will teach your grandchildren.

Thanks for sharing, brings back memories of valuable lessons taught to me by my parents and elders in my childhood. My grandfather took me to the reservation when I was about 6 and introduced me to his cousins. I have never since had a total trust in the Federal government and while I respect it, I also question it and do not think it is the solution to all our problems, but may in fact be creating some of the worst problems either by design or through indifference or the selective control of those influencing it.

4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Yeah, it’s posted in fun. I survived the system and now I’m a proven winner. In spite of those PTA wenches. Lol.

SB21, Ura-Ki, Dunerunner and 2 others like this.
  5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Proves a point Meat, we are programmed to remember jokes and forget curses. Most really good humor has a truth hidden in it somewhere or it does not trigger a response. We all remember the grades school bath joke about bath, wiener, bun, and mayo and that was probably our first understandable introduction to sex. I am sure it was in use 2,000 years ago.

Note to monitors, did not post joke, left it to those with "dirty" minds to fill in as they do *****. :)

SB21, Ura-Ki and Meat like this.
  6. cpaspr

cpaspr Monkey+++

Slightly different memory from childhood involving cake walks.

The grade school I attended had a carnival every year (this was in the 60s and early 70s). I was a teenager, but went, as the younger siblings still attended. Bought a ticket for the cake walk, and won. Chose my step-mother's cake (I knew which one she had donated). She was shocked to see me bring it home and asked me why I chose that one. "Because I knew it would taste good." Probably the best compliment I could have given her at the time.

mysterymet, Gray Wolf, SB21 and 4 others like this.
  7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

What kind of a little POS claims a cake when I won it fair and square? A little POS that’s who! Lol.

duane and SB21 like this.
  8. duane

duane Monkey+++

They grow up to be the second lt's that charge the machine gun and endanger the life of some poor sergant who tries to save his butt.

Meat likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7