The Calvery drove up this AM> Texas Baptist Mens Group to the rescue.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Mar 14, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

The ice storm caused a lot of damage. and disaster relief was here to help. Not FEMA, Not >gov/.

Picturesque post at a later date from the ice storm to the clean up. A great bunch of Guys and Gals
    as a Volunteer Group arrived and started to work early.

Tully Mars, Motomom34, Ganado and 4 others like this.
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

"Calvary", biblical term,
    or "cavalry", military term?
    Just trying to understand.......

Seepalaces and sec_monkey like this.
  3. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Perhaps the Calvary cavalry? ;)

Hope you're doing ok, HK!

4. HK_User

Little bit of both, about half are Mil, all are men of God. At least one had a punisher skull Tat.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  5. HK_User

We made it through the storm fine. No power for 3 days, no big deal, been through a lot worse in Hurricane and Tornadoes. Never even broke out the real preps, opened the Fridge twice, no food lost. Left the Generator safe in the shop, what with all the rain after the storm.

6. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

People like that are few and far between. Good luck.

7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I woke up this morning and the ground was damned near covered in snow. WTH. I didn't even know they were calling for it. And I left my truck window down. :mad: But it's gone now. (y)

8. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

Great that help arrived :). SB never leave your vehicles windows down. :) We get weather reports that say partly cloudy and then it rains like a waterfall was let loose in the clouds. Or they report it will rain unless it's partly cloudy lololol.

9. HK_User

Leave your window open around here and you'll likely have a varmint visitor, those Raccoons make and leave an offal mess.

SB21, Seepalaces and sec_monkey like this.
  10. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Clever!

HK_User and Motomom34 like this.
  11. HK_User

Just proves every Mime has something to say if you just listen long enough.

Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Yea , I got home a little early , was planning on going out later to eat , then got lazy and didn't feel like going out , and forgot I left it down till this A.M. I got critters around here to , they're usually clawing at the house trying to get where it's warm. If I can keep'em out of the house , they can have the truck , I need another one anyway. :ROFLMAO:

Seepalaces and HK_User like this.
  13. HK_User

They were here only 3 hours! 8 men and a Kubota Tractor with a grappler in place of the bucket can move a lot of cut wood. I ask only that they cut out the widow makers, any places I could reach from the ground would work for me. They (various churches) have been here for most of 4 weeks. This was a new crew from Katy Texas. I now have a row of brush 4 feet tall by 30 feet long by 5 feet wide stacked in a place I burn such material.

The wood burning will have to wait until conditions are right and then I'll burn it a little at a time.

We had a prayer when they loaded up tp leave, they presented me with a Bible with their names in the front, date and reason for them being here.

14. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

That's cool. Back when Hurricane Hugo came thru NC . My Dad met a guy that came down from NY just to help out anyway and anyone he could. Lots and lots of downed trees , and home repairs needed then. My Dad let him stay at his place for a few weeks while he was down here. Nice guy. Kind of gives you hope for the world when you see people from far away making the effort to travel that far to help strangers. Glad you were able to get some needed help.

15. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Heh, my teenager saw this and said, "that joke was crap"

HK_User likes this.
  16. HK_User

Pictures of the mess.

DSCF2686 - Copy.JPG

DSCF2687 - Copy.JPG

DSCF2688 - Copy.JPG

DSCF2689 - Copy.JPG

DSCF2690 - Copy.JPG