The colapse of the delivery system.

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by duane, Nov 5, 2021.

1. duane

duane Monkey+++

2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Looks like the plandemic only eccelerated the inevitable

Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  3. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

This problem has been a long time in the making. The way I see it is the same way I saw it 30+ years ago. We had a decent private and public infrastructure back then that did a very good job of getting things around and to the end consumer. JIT was starting to build steam as the dominant mindset and works great until it doesn't. In the last 30 years time the Nations and the Global populations have Grown A LOT. The Private and Public infrastructure to support the transportation industry HAS NOT had much investment in keeping up. Distribution Centers and Freight Hubs have been the only area of investment in expansion of ability in the form of additional warehouse space but that is one link in a very long chain and while investment has been made in that area it still was far from enough. More people = more demand + a infrastructure designed to support 2/3 of the current and growing demand = supply chain disaster. Spring of 2020 and all the idiocy that has followed both Government and Private. I keep hearing the system is broke and in appearance it is, but more accurately it is overwhelmed and the illusion pre Covid can no longer be maintained. The current infrastructure very simply can't support the demand of a much larger and ever growing population.

If we funded everything public that needs to be done and the private sector invested heavily into getting the chain up to speed it would take 12-15 years to expand our infrastructure enough to meet the current number of peoples demands and set the capacity to meet the demands of increased population 20-30 years beyond present before it once again where we are at now. Things are going to get a whole lot worse before they get even a little bit better. The Big Corps right now have ZERO incentive to expand private infrastructure as they are posting record profits in large part due to the clogs and inflation. The Government is well the Government and lucky to be able to grab both ass cheeks on a Great Day and of course their primary means of dealing with things like this is to add more Government and Deeper Regulations with new and increased taxes to fund everything except for actually fixing the problems. I don't think most people see or understand just how dysfunctional the USA has became over the last 30-40 years.

Anyone that has been waiting for SHTF and TEOTWAWKNI here in the USA It Started in the Spring of 2020 and is a nice slow rolling grinding everything caught under it to dust event, not the big spectacular all at once event. I figure another 2 Generations or so and Americans will be fleeing to Haiti to find a better life.

duane, Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It will stay broke only as long as this inept administration stays in power.

5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

That Woman is certainly doing her part to tie up the local delivery system. Works for me, since I don't have to haul feed bags. They show up on the porch and she drags them to the bins. I still have 240 pounds of horse bedding to unload. No way to get that delivered cheaper online.

Domestic shipping has been back to almost normal again for me. This may be because I'm ordering from shippers I know and can anticipate how long their packages take to arrive. International shipping has always been a joke. Package to Alberta that I mailed last Christmas took almost 90 days to arrive. Tracking looked like something from the Benny Hill Show. I'm tracking a lamp from Portugal now. Usually a 9 day trip. This one cleared customs on 20 October and hasn't been seen yet. Wick and chimney have arrived, but I'm still waiting on a flame spreader from Holland, so maybe it'll be together by Christmas.

duane, Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

No I'm sure the guys that created this problem will also be the ones to fix it.

Idahoser likes this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Normally liberals will create a problem where none existed, create the solution and take credit for doing something.
    Now they just cause chaos and carnage because they know helpless scared people are a lot more likely to vote D.

8. hot diggity

I think pissed off and disheartened
    people are likely to vote against Democrats across the board. Just look at Virginia.

9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

People were scared, now they are mad as hell because they figured out everything for the last 2 years has been some where between an illusion and a lie to justify a massive power grab.

10. Sunnyvibes

Sunnyvibes Monkey

It's scary to think about possible items just sitting in containers going bad. A lot of food items are shipped around and sold in different states and even shipped country to country. There are many items that can be bought locally. Support local farmers, artists, massage therapists, local businesses and you don't have to worry about not getting items in time for Christmas and you also are supporting your neighbors and friends and their families. Buy what's fresh in your area each season from your local farmers if you are not able to grow your own or have your own animals. Each season brings new variety....A variety of local fresh farm goods is a great way to try new things and maintain good health. Know where your products and food have been and who you are truly supporting.

11. hot diggity

I jusrt got a message from my shipper in Portugal. He said several packages he sent out at the same time as mine have been delayed, while some sent at later dates had arrived already. I'm impressed that he would take the time to send me a message.
    Package is in New York now. Will see how long it takes to make it from there.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7