The coming .22 tsunami

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Oltymer, Dec 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

With the changing political atmosphere in America, along with ammo manufacturers who have upped production to meet current demands, is it possible we will see a .22 ammunition buyers market come late spring and early summer?

Market insiders are already predicting bulk .22 to be retailing at .04c per round by October 2017 due to .22 ammo price wars. Nothing was mentioned about hoarders, scalpers, disaster profiteers, and the other 2 bit hustlers that have driven .22 ammo into the stratosphere the past few years, who will be trying to dump their bloated stocks of .22 onto the market to try and reduce their losses.

Currently looking into my crystal ball I think we are in for a tsunami of available .22 ammo within the next 6 months, and am saving my nickels and dimes to take advantage of a full scale glut of .22 ammo availability in the near future.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grudge Monkey

It would be so nice to get back to the Old days of $10:00 a brick! I have been seeing the prices and availability coming back to normal, so I think you may be correct! The Days of $2:00 boxes of 50 are not that far off, just hoping people will act smart this time and not go nuts!!!

3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[LMAO] we are talking about people here so bound to be a few of us who are nuts stockpiling ammo... not that I own a .22 or need the bullets... [peep]

4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grudge Monkey

I say flood the shelves with it, that should make folks think it's ok to just buy what they need, instead of the way it's been, one or two box limits per person, per day! That implies things are still shakey! Drop the prices too, that should further the cause in convincing folks that we are finally back to normal.

5. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

.22 prices have already dropped and availability is up $3.00 for 50 rounds of CCI with a merry Christmas 2016 label on it so it is fresh.

[​IMG]

6. stg58

Check out wallyworld...

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Who are you calling nuts Ms...... :whistle:

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart Snow Monkey Moderator

I am looking forward to $.02 per Round, wholesale... As soon as that happens, I will order 50K Rounds... When Wholesale was $.12 per Round, Delivered here, I got 10K and still have about 8K in the Magazine...

Caveman Jim, 3cyl, Sgt Nambu and 2 others like this.
  9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Ditto that Bruce.
    IF prices really drop that far I will be doing the same. Regardless of the drop I'm always on the lookout for Stingers.

10. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grudge Monkey

Cant get any of my .22s to love Stingers, Just ain't gonna happen! ;-, They both really like the Fed Auto Match, the TenX , Eley and the CCI Standards! Winchester White box and the Subsonic loads all work well!

11. stg58

The raw cost of brass, lead and powder plus assembling and shipping with a profit for CCI/Remington/Winchester and wallyworld/Cabelas... may be impossible @ $0.02 for USA .22.

Legion489 likes this.
  12. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Not just .22s. All ammo. I'm holding off, looking for serious price drops. Inventory is already beginning to back up.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Now that's hope and change we can believe in.

14. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

$10??? How about $5 when I was growing up.

Caveman Jim, Sgt Nambu and Ura-Ki like this.
  15. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Well hell, you are old... come on, we have to have a baseline here that is reasonable.......:lol:
    Merry Christmas AD1!!!!

STANGF150, AD1, Sgt Nambu and 3 others like this.
  16. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

[ditto] :D

AD1, Sgt Nambu, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  17. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Not where I live.

Altoidfishfins, Sgt Nambu and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

OMG!!! Is that AD1 your DOB? :D

19. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Yeah I was going when I was young (or youngER) $5 a brick was about right. Or as the old man said one time "THIRTYFIVE CENTS A BOX?! Are you people insane?!" Oh for the good old days.

Nice Miserable Loader there Sarg!

Caveman Jim, AD1, Motomom34 and 2 others like this.
  20. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I remember .50 / box for Remington "Golden Bullet" .22s at an overpriced hardware store.
    But then I used to buy cigarettes, in the early 70s when I used to smoke, for $3.50 a carton.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  1. deMolay
  2. Grandpa Patch
  3. Bishop
    Thread

Socket mold

Here is how I make my slingshot ammo with a socket. [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Dec 2, 2018, 6 replies, in forum: Bushcraft
  4. Bishop
  5. Bishop
  6. Bandit99
  7. Oddcaliber