The coming surrender of Law Enforcement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fedorthedog, Dec 10, 2014.

1. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

I predict there will be a LOT more people of every color killed before "we the people" start shooting back (or first) and the police "surrender". The combination of free military equipment and warrior cop mentality is a potent and deadly mix which a few folks are starting to pick up on. By the time the rest of the citizens realize what's going on they'll be in the boxcar.

2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I think that's right but not 100% on the location. My step son and I were discussing this very thing a couple weeks ago when he dropped off our Grandson before having to go to some class. It's not an uncommon thing down here, esp in the smaller towns. They get the call and respond, find out what the situation is and offer to pick up the tab for the eggs, milk or whatever. My son has done it. "You just know the poor guy/lady was trying to get something to eat." My understanding is AFTER a stern lecture (rightfully so) about not having to do this, and try the local church next time speech many officers will buy the person the groceries in exchange for not having to do all the paperwork.;)
    I think this is an honorable thing. But for every one of these type of instances, there seem to be many more of a negative nature. Until that is changed, and we return peace officers to the streets instead of ninja suited police in APC's and no knock warrants beating down the wrong door and killing the wrong people in their bed because he attempted to come out of his bedroom armed after hearing his front door rammed down in the middle of the night "We the people" will continue to have this...

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I know of another, where a mother was pulled over for have no child seat for her kid. The officer did not cite her, but spent his own money and supplied her with a new child seat.

4. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

EDIT/REDACT some harshness.

Why bother pickin a fight.

You get a pay cheque to "serve"....a thank you if you do it well.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  5. Mindgrinder

A parent can't decide if it is safe to use only a seat belt for their well behaved child?
    Foolish law....there is no crime here. Revenue generating.
    Maybe we should wear full contact gear and helmets to ride bikes or horses or face a fine....
    Absurd.
    Don't tell me how to protect myself or live free if it aint hurting you in any way.

6. kellory

Wrong. I drive 2-5 hours each day. I see things that are nearly unbelievable. Women doing their makeup while they drive, office guys working on a laptop on the passenger seat while in heavy traffic, people driving on cruise control with their feet out the window, several versions of sex while trying to stay in one lane, and kids hanging out windows, in the back windows, or standing on the seats, even people reading paperback books while driving!!. So no, most parents can be trusted with the safety of a child, but far too many can not. So standards have to be applied to insure a minimum amount of safety for a child who may not get it otherwise.
    That minimum standard is the child safety seat. If the parent wants his child to be more safe, he can increase that standard. But for those people who can not comply with the MINUMUM safety level, there needs to be a penalty.

7. Mindgrinder

Sure Kel...sounds terrible and I believe you.
    How does it make it safer to punish the persons behavior by profiting the government?
    Taking someones money as a deterrant to change the way they choose to live doesn't make you safer.
    It just makes the government more powerful, the people more afraid and those who enforce it hated.

You have to change their minds....prove your way is safer and they'll change their behavior.

Your minimum standard is not mine and we're both equally free.
    I never sat in a car seat and my grandparents let me drive around tobacco fields at 10 years old. They taught me to drive on gravel back roads long before I could legally get a licence.
    I
    turned out ok...mostly.
    *smirk*

8. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Every Day beat cops are not the ones we ar talking about here! Its when the step into the Phone Booth and come out dressed like RAMBO.......!

9. kellory

Now that, is a matter of opinion, not yet fully supported by all known facts. Further study will be required.

10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I made it through my childhood without ever wearing a seat belt .. and OMG, my mother held me in her arms whilst dad drove the car!

I should be dead.

11. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Not only the above but both parents smoked in the car and sometimes my dad had a road beer! OMG!

CaboWabo5150, tacmotusn and Yard Dart like this.
  12. kellory

Yes, you should both be dead, feel better now?;) fact of the matter is, if you had met a few of the idiots I have, you likely would be already. So that question is really academic. Times have changed, and personal responsibility isn't enough, anymore. For most people, it is only illegal if you get caught.

13. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

A big part of the issue in both of the current cases is a lack of understanding about the societal expectation of police. Other than the instances that peak the public interest the police are expected to stand and win no matter what. You will have to do a lot of research to find a point where the police stopped looking for the bad guy, They are still trying to find DB Cooper. The only time the public expects us to back off is after something bad happens.

As to when it hits it I plan to deal with that reality like I do all others when the rule apply they apply when they don't they don't. I don't seek popularity with my comments. I work in a field that has been both popular and unpopular. I just try and call it the way I see it from my jaded perspective.

14. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

@fedorthedog - I like what you had to say and hope that when SHTF you will stay home. Having a badge on your chest will make you a target over the ordinary person and if you get taken out who will protect your family? You know the unwritten order of protection and you are number 1 on the list.

kellory likes this.
  15. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have met @fedorthedog and I for one will say he is a stand up good-guy LEO.
    He has a solid plan IMO..... And welcome at my campfire any day!!

16. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

You know the moment that we determine that we have entered a police state.. and things get locked down. Many a LEO and service member will hit the road to protect those within their charge, be it family, friends or community. Then you will know who is on... what side. The math is not easy, but I will say there are many that will stand for what is right vs tyranny. We are close to, but I pray we do not have to open that chapter in our lives.... yet we just continuously teach our young ones the righteous path for freedom and liberty!!!

17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

So fedorthedog, What sir is the general feelings in department with the ongoing public bashing by the press. Are you guys ready to pack it in? Stop rescuing the unappreciative, Let them eat fish-heads and die?
    Granted I don't know where your located or if your in a big city?
    Just think if LEO's stopped helping people then where would they be?

18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Dog is NOT an Urban Cop.... And I suspect he would still be helping Folks, long after the Urban Cops went home....

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  19. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

article in the news today about another black teenager getting shot by the cops - I think it was Nashville

bunch of black thugs mugged a motorist - fled toward a housing complex - cops found the correct apartment - went in for look and found evidence of the mugging - started to arrest when one of them hit the john and locked himself in - all standard & everyday city crime crap - the cops tried talking him out - he decided to come out shooting - wounded a cop in the leg

??? ... the cops got off fairly eazy ... but one of them could of died .... would this thug even got off a shot 6 months ago? .... don't think so .... he would have been riddled the second that door cracked open .... everyone gun shy now?

20. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

MY concern is many will stop helping people, they will avoid pro active enforcement and only respond when called. People have no clue how much we do that is called on view which means the officers starts it. That is the stuff that keeps crime down and the easy way to avoid getting into stuff is to not see it or act on it.

As to me I will do what's right and I don't think urban or not matters.

oldawg, tulianr, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7