The Death of Detroit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tacmotusn, Aug 19, 2012.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Pshaw, that's too easy.
    Knife get you a gun gets you a car.
    Weed gets you a ride.

now you require that an "Obama Sucks" tshirt as worn apparel then we are talking challenging.

oldawg likes this.
  2. enough

enough Monkey++

So, the i96 shooter thing had me thinking about this thread.

10yr anniversary of DC shooter and a note left next to a dead pregnant woman in NY demanding his release. Someone also mentioned that the former wife of the main dc shooter was in Flint a couple weeks ago.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2012/10/poll_the_i-96_corridor_michiga.html
    https://www.google.com/news?ncl=d996NhCHk8JerqM9we3CpyjcKushM&q=I-96+shooter&lr=English&hl=en

https://www.google.com/news?ncl=dtTNzag56MgL6oMGaDJDULk9FRmnM&q=ny+pregnant+dc&lr=English&hl=en

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2012/10/former_wife_of_washington_dc_s.html

Me is getting a tingling in my spidey senses ... I'd kind of like to expedite that BulletProofMe.com order now ...

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Gas, grass, or a$$. Nobody rides for free.

4. swinefornicator

swinefornicator Monkey+++ Founding Member

Detroit... I was born and raised there. Place sucked and was crazy corrupt and deadly 50yrs ago. Mayor Coleman Youngs grave should be an outhouse. And Kilpatricks.... on down the line. The 700 pound gorilla in the room is the truth is it was the unions. That experiment started with a very valid problem and offered some recourse. Detroit proves in every way unions are nothing more than mob rules corrupt organizations. No city I know of since Nagasaki and Hiroshima and the fire bombing campaigns of WWII has seen a city gutted like this. London got hell bombed out of it, never sunk to these levels. Airlines lose, more money than most companys make in a quarter, all due to unions. Unions are the recent show of what power does. Smells like a smaller version of a government to me.

Here's a question:

You ever heard anybody, ever, say, "hey I'm going on vacation, I wanna see Detroit"? Never was a destination spot, had some way cool schit back in the day. Racing, the hydro plane races out by Bell Isle were my favorites. Speaking of Bell Isle that acquarium was cool, I hear that is trying to be salvaged, but most of the critters are dead. first deer I ever saw was on Bell Isle. The ethnic history in Detroit was second to none. I don't give to squats in a bucket of where ever you came from. NY, Chi. whatever. We had all the same people that came here to start new lives and brought the history with them. The , hmm lesse, I could go through with Deigos, wops, spicks, Kikes, jews and all the other crap, but let's pretend we are real Americans. The melting pot is/was real. Hand made pasta down inLittle Italy, the Poles making them awsome Peirogies just down from the bus station across the street from Greek town and the best pita.lamb awsomeness on the planet. When my Dad got tranfered to Ohio, I thought the Amish were Hecitic Jews! Was a unique place to be born into. Everybody I knew by elementery knew somebody that died in violence, granted Nam was kicking, but killeds killed. Anybody know about the mines? Salt and peat. The old apple cider mill. Greenwhich village and the dam zoo was pretty cool. I watched tanks run around the testing grounds. I saw the worst team in the NHL become the best. I still watch the dam Lions, though sorta pretty consistantly suck. The races out at Highland Park. Never been back and have no desire to. Did leave me with many lessons learned. I wonder if the driveway toi the airport still takes like a day to drive? Detroit was a crazy town. Don't get me started on going over to Windsor!!

Sorry was a subject close to my heart.

I'll stop.

5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Look at it this way, if you can survive Detroit. The troubles we are about to face in the future are going to be a cake walk.
    Have I walked in places in the D that I shouldn't have after dark. Yep
    Is the whole city dangerous. Nope
    Is it a shell of it's former self (say 20 years ago)? Yep.
    Will it rise again from the ashes? Nope.
    Some parts of town I'm willing to walk and view the architecture and decay during day time un-armed
    I'll drive through the D with my doors unlocked.
    I'll roll down streets that the grass has broken through the cement and taken root in front of vacant houses.
    After dark, with a majority of the street lights out in some neighborhoods . I mostly stick to major roads and leave the squalor for the day time.

It all depends on the W's. Who, What, Why, Where and When.
    At certain times and typically after dark, going to certain places is just tempting fate.
    It's all a matter of taking calculated risks.

You can pick any city of substantial size and make the same statement.

To be afraid of a city in the throws of death like detroit is just silly.

You don't have to be Armed in the D. But sometimes you might want to be willing to blow a stop sign or two just in case.

6. swinefornicator

swinefornicator Monkey+++ Founding Member

I understand, but try looking at it this way:

What form of human being does Detroit produce?

Wouldn't raise my kids there, the KKK is scared to be there(they pussyds or Detroit that mean?), the police are scared to patrol at night. Detroit sucks. Look at it however you want, but you will lose your life and property for next to nothing quicker there than anywhere. Only place I been even comprable was some of the Russian ghettos. But kinda cookie cutter same crap.

That said, Go Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7