The Descent or Manipulation

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Silversnake, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

The stock market fell 250, spot gold dropped 2.3%, spot silver dropped 4.5%, oil is at $78/barrel.

In "the news" this is being attributed to wide-scale concern for deflation in the absence of QE3.

So, is this really the beginning of deflation/depression or is this manipulation by the Fed and the ultra-rich to manipulate markets?

I suspect manipulation.

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Some of the falling commodity prices are due to the strengthening of the dollar vs. the other bretton woods currencies. And those commodities being priced mainly in USD.

Well, there are a lot of people getting out of leveraged positions whether it's commodities, stocks, ...etc and moving into dollars. More than likely, It's moving out of risky positions to that which the feel are safer. PM prices could be manipulation or the result of selling long positions hard currency to cover those leveraged positions that they were upside down on and needed to cover.

I feel that once they have moved into FRN's or other fiat currencies, they will notice that the fiats are not a safe bet either and will buy back into PM's as a hedge against fiat collapse.

Again, It's just me speculating but until I see otherwise, it's just a prelude to what's to come.

Compare your grocery bill from a year ago to last week? only 3.3+% inflation my azz. How about your weekly fill up in the vehicle? And oil prices are dropping? hmm, very interesting.

Brokor likes this.
  3. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Thanks for the technical summary.

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

In GOD (guns, oil and drugs) they trust.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7