The door has almost closed

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by melbo, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Very soon be time for ropes in the trees.......

[stirpot]

2. toydoc

toydoc Monkey+++

smile

Between Kansas City and St Louis on I 70 there are many cameras mounted on poles so that gov can keep track of us citizens to make sure we are not doing anything wrong.[beat] [kneelsuckers]

3. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

This will never happen. If there was going to be "Henry" type action, it should have already started. I would venture to say, the door is closed...and 49% of the people don't give a crap while 30% of the remaining 51% think it is a good thing.

That leaves us with about 20% who understand, but they are all too busy trying to scrape by to pay their portion of the tax bill to versus "rise up" outside the ballot box.

I don't think the third box will get checked.

4. donald150

donald150 Monkey+

I can see that happening

5. capt45

capt45 Monkey+

I fear you are right, but remember, only about 3% of colonists rose up to take on the Leviathan of Britain. But yeah, seems like Henry would have done something long before now. :oops:

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

but we are the 3 percenters right?
    [boozingbuddies]

[cmfrt][coo]

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

If we live long enough to do anything useful, yeah.

8. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

There's an easy 25% now. When the Division Bell strikes, the there will be more. Ah, Me Hearties!

9. grunt351

grunt351 Monkey+

I don't see how the government could do this. Sorry, but they are just not smart enough. Now a nice big corporation that sees a way to sell more cameras and offer more monitoring on the citizens .... I unfortunately can see that. So, lets take a look and see which companies are making loads off the contracts for all of these things .... wonder if they lead to just a couple of companies that are under some umbrella ? Just a thought.

goes wandering off mumbling to himself ......

10. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

"incompetent government" is the official storyline delivered by the corporate media. This was also a tactic used by Adolf Hitler. The rationale is based on the Hegelian Dialect; also known simply as "Problem, Reaction, Solution". Please don't misunderstand the very real marriage between government and corporations. By saying they are "not smart enough", I take it that you mean government is not "capable" of conspiring to undermine liberty or work in any concerted effort to create despotism and promote a police state environment? To that, I can only emphatically say HOGWASH. Look up "OPERATION URBAN WARRIOR" LINK: Operation Urban Warrior Homepage And also take time to watch THE SECRET GOVERNMENT: The Secret Government: The Constitution in Crisis, by Bill Moyers

I also wanted to say, that I know you are rather new here with posting, (at 5 posts currently) and I respect your opinions...but I just want to set the record straight. Please don't ever be afraid to post your thoughts, as convoluted as they may be, as long as they have some semblance of respect for the intelligence of the folks who regularly do so as well. Take it easy, and I look forward to you sticking around a bit...if not for the chance for you to add to our community, but to offer a little "lop-sided" perspective once in a while. Anyway, I just wanted to say this so I do not scare you off with no real trouble being started. I am not a moderator or anything, just a long time trouble-maker myself. ;)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7