the dope on veterinary drugs

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by CATO, Apr 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. rrfarkin

rrfarkin Monkey

There is no shelf life info. I assume refrigerated will last longer. Any ideas on how long antibiotics are good for? I know tetracyclene goes toxic, not just ineffective.

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Score !!!!
    Dog's are set....ccc
    Dog Meds 001.JPG

Gunny Highway and TheEconomist like this.
  3. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

Looks like everyone is set. Nice stack of meds !!!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Has anyone tried these antibiotics yet?

5. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

That must have been one hell of a dose of the ...

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

7. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Thanks for the heads up on Aquatic. Ordered several bottles of different things on Monday, they were in the mailbox today, and now vac packed and in my freezer. "Use by" dates on them ran from 1-3yrs, depending on the meds.

I've stored stuff over the years from excess Doc prescriptions, but we all need to keep up to date stuff up to date if possible.

And yes, I think ordering vet stuff will soon be a thing of the past.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I've bought them for years and I have my doubts a Vet will write a prescription for my fish.

Every time the democrats are in power we lose a freedom; one that always seems to make someone richer...

Guit_fishN likes this.
  9. Any update on whether these have been legislated yet? I need to get my supply (as I need it more than most for habitual dental issues which could be problematic if I'm off-grid), but have been procrastinating it as I do everything.

I'm surprised ordering 20 bottles doesn't raise 'red flags' with these companies, even though it's legal. Everybody seems to be a busybody these days, and the DEA has the entire medical establishment so scared shitless to prescribe certain medicines (mainly opiates) to their patient, that I'd not doubt anyone in the industry a potential snitch (even companies that are selling veterinary medicine which get less legal scrutiny).

Can you get Epi-pens from these places? Wouldn't mind having one of those for my medical kit I'm putting together.

1. Bandit99
  2. Benjamin A. Wood
  3. Benjamin A. Wood
  4. Tempstar
  5. ED GEiN
  6. ED GEiN
  7. Bandit99
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. Ganado
  10. Ganado
  11. marlas1too
  12. ditch witch