The erosion of common sense

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, Jun 27, 2012.

1. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

A lot of small businesses fail because the people who start them never should have done so in the first place. My aunt's first husband was a perfect example. He had an ok concept but was so ignorant he ran it into the ground. Let's be honest the man was a ROCK.

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/01/o...p-use-among-mexican-immigrants/#ixzz283B7xOMT

3. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Wow. Talk about an out of control agency no longer responsible to the people who pay the bills. Maybe that's part of the problem. Everyone has a vote, whether they pay and/have paid the bills. A bit like giving your child your credit card and turning them loose. The consequences of their spending spree doesn't hurt them, so why should they care how much they spend? I always accepted universal suffrage as an obvious good thing. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe that's the beginning of the end for a society. Perhaps suffrage should be limited to those with an investment in the enterprise.

4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

6. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Oh...I thought it was just on cell phone bills.

7. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I'm in that boat as well.

Now, I truly believe you should have to take a test to vote**. If you can't pass, you're not making an informed vote. Legal contracts are full of this concept: unless both parties are "of the same mind..." then the contract isn't binding--essentially, both parties agree and understand the terms.

** An alternative would be to put candidates in a narrative or grid:

Candiate A believes in .........

Candidate B believes in .......

tulianr likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7