The face of money

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

So, If we come up with Monkey Money
    Who's on first?

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Yes.
    Abbott & Costello Who's On First:

Gator 45/70 and tacmotusn like this.
  3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

for real this thread desists.
    No sh!t were Monkeys

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

My choice would be *

[​IMG]

but the way things go....it would probably end up being [​IMG]

or even

[​IMG]

unfortunately these days celebrities tend to get acknowledged over people of substance.

* if only because it might cause a few Catholic Cardinals and Bishops to get their croziers and cassocks in a twist

I am surprised that [​IMG]didn't get a nomination...but I guess she's ineligible, given that she is not a US citizen like Oprah and Jane.

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Here is some more primary info on this real possibility. Infamous woman to replace Jackson on $20 bill? Here is the 15 that are being considered.
    They include a bevy of other Democrats, radical feminists and progressive heroines:

Betty Friedan‎
    Rosa Parks‎
    Shirley Chisholm‎
    Barbara Jordan‎
    Rachel Carson‎
    Susan B. Anthony‎
    Eleanor Roosevelt‎
    Patsy Mink‎
    Frances Perkins‎
    Sojourner Truth‎
    Alice Paul‎
    Elizabeth Cady Stanton‎
    Margaret Sanger‎ .............................. Chelloveck's choice. no surprise there.
    Clara Barton‎
    Harriet Tubman
    Legally it requires an act of Congress to order the secretary of the Treasury to make such a change, but these are different times. Obama has used executive orders frequently in lieu of getting what he wants from the legislative branch of government, and that’s just what Women on 20s is urging now.

chelloveck likes this.
  6. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

They want to put Margaret sanger on a bill, that is not right. She is responsible for planned parenthood and an known racist. If you do not believe me just read what she has written. Btw she was also a big believer in eugenics. The above list is full of progressives. Rosa parks I can see worthy of that honor, but Margaret sanger no way

chelloveck and tulianr like this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

If hanoi Jane makes the cut, buy up every bill you can afford, and preserve them. They will be recalled as outrage swells, and their rarity from then on will give them much more worth than she does.
    I would buy them, but refuse to honor them as tender, whenever possible.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7