The Fair Tax

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by melbo, Oct 26, 2005.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I guess that because I work exclusively with small businesses, I see the cost to the business of recording keeping and reporting. I do it on a daily basis and charge a fair amount of money to provide that service. I'm also frequently called into small businesses who have failed to remit taxes, not through criminal intent, strictly because of cash flow. I negotiate repayment plans and try to establish cash management techniques so the small business can remit the tax, the penalty, and interest before the state shuts them down. It happens more than you would believe. Check out your state's Dept of Revenue Services and look at the list of business that are caught not remitting and then multiply that number by 100. Most of my accounting clients are within a 50 mile radius and if I see so much I know for a certainty that the number of small business in trouble is a hugh number. Remember that over 95% of all businesses in the US are small businesses.

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

This sounds like a really good read.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I offered this before,
    but I'll say it again. If you are interested, I'll send you a copy on me. Only hitch is that after you read it, you need to pass it on with the same rule. The more people that understand how this works, the better off we are.

or buy it at amazon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just found this on a blog

Can you see The USA becoming the Tax Haven for all sorts of corporate interests?
    Think about it, ANy large Corp that wanted to move in would have a 0(zero) tax liablility. Think of the jobs this would create...melbo

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That was good input. More thinking and research on my part required on this topic.

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Melbo you just posted what I have been trying to say for many years now, thanks for the ammo. b::

6. melbo

7. melbo

review

8. melbo

9. InFreedomsCause

InFreedomsCause Monkey+++ Founding Member

Are they capable of taking on an HONEST job??? Better make sure they ain't pilfering the gas...

10. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

yeah good point, Guess they could shovel sheet, nobody would care if they stole that :eek:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7