The formal introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Prepsteader13, May 10, 2023.

1. Prepsteader13

Prepsteader13 The Original 'Prepsteader'

Hello survivalmonkey's, I'm glad to have found the site and hope to ad something of value to the forum. I have been 'prepping' almost my whole life, just that, back then, it wasn't called prepping it was called living. To me, prepping is not something that you decide to do as an occasional event, it's a way of living that you adopt and is done constantly and consistently, continually building, improving, and planning for tomorrow. We put back a little of this and that, we repair rather than replace, we make do with what we have. We have also learned that NO ONE goes it alone. Community is key. That being said, I may at times come off as anti-social, but know that's a result of getting burned a few times. I still realize that I need to sleep, down time; so I still have to have someone watching my back. Hence, community!
    So, community, anyone here close to Jackson, in west Tennessee?

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey!! We're a social network of anti-social creatures! :cool:

Looking forward to your posts...

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Prepsteader13, In response to your 'formal introduction', let me pass to you a warm formal welcome! You will find a lot of ideas, experience and good conversation from all over the world here.

Personally, I dislike the word prepper or even prepping because it is nothing more than being prepared, prudent and using one's common sense. I live in North Idaho and it is indeed a way of life here, everyone does it because it is a necessary fact of life.

Anyway, WELCOME!

4. mechstdr

mechstdr patriotic grease monkey

greetings prepsteader13, in your text above i agree with you, as i've been prepping since the mid 70's, i also agree about community, as no one is an island! there is much to see & learn here, much good info in resources and the various threads on the forum, i hope your journey here will be rewarding. sorry don't live in Tennessee. :)

Dunerunner likes this.
  5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Welcome from North Carolina's Crystal Coast. Most of the folks I hang out with come across as anti-social, sarcastic and socially unacceptable. You should feel right at home here. Yup, I never knew I was a "prepper." It took me a bit to learn that my Jeep was an SUV, and more recently, that I was a deplorable.

Dunerunner and Capt. Tyree like this.
  6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Welcome aboard!

Dunerunner likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome to our Monkey Tree… Plenty of good information in the forums, as well as a lot of Good Folks hang’en around on our branches… Please pass our site along to your group, as a good resource for their research, and knowledge base… I have been around the Tree for decades, but come from a long line of “Prep’ers” going back Multi-Generations, on both sides of my family.. AlaskaChick and I lived out in bush Alaska, for 40+ years until I just can’t live there, any more.. (Old Age finally got me) When you live as far out as we did, where the only way in, or out was by boat, or bush Plane, Being a “Prep’er” is a requirement of just living.. So, again, WELCOME TO OUR MONKEY TREE..Looking forward to your posts..

Dunerunner likes this.
  8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Welcome to the Monkey! So glad you found us.
    Looking forward to hear of your past prep situations and future plans!

Dunerunner likes this.
  9. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Welcome to the Monkey!
    Sloth ,one of the canuks

Dunerunner likes this.
  10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome from the wet coast, PNW!!

Dunerunner likes this.
  11. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Aloha and e komo mai!

Dunerunner likes this.
  12. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to the Monkey.
    I happen to be near Jackson, in Fayette County!

13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Howdy, from NW Alabama!

1. OlDiceGames
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
    A total game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 5, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 2, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
    Media

New_digs

I think they approved of their new digs.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
    I 3D printed dome connectors
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 4 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    Another quail dome after dark.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 5 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Media

Feeding_time

Quails!
  14. Alanaana
    Media

Flock

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  15. Alanaana
    Everyone loves a room with a good view!
  16. Alanaana
  17. Dunerunner
  18. Alanaana
  19. Dunerunner
  20. Thunder5Ranch
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7