The four suspects are all California residents, Armed Utah Pharmacist Stops Burglars in the Act

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, Jun 29, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

What ever works.

2. Shinmen Takezo

Shinmen Takezo Monkey+++

I have discovered while in Japan, that i have more freedom than I do here.
    With the exception of firearms that is.

If I want to open a liquor store--how much is the liquor lisence?!
    Zero. There is no licensing.
    Or a bar--how much is the license?
    Zero. Nothing.
    You also have more freedom of expression and religion than you do here.
    The police are not going around revenue farming and chicken-shiteing you for $$$
    How about a fishing license?
    Zero.
    Want to sip a beer in a public park--no problem. Not against the law.
    There's less laws comparatively--less interference in your personal lives.

And the crime is completely covert.
    There is no street crime or violence there.
    Even in the Yakuza controlled sections of Tokyo.

Obviously you have not traveled from from your double-wide.

Oddcaliber likes this.
  3. HK_User

Started your trolling and insults I see.
    Not a problem.

Bye

4. Shinmen Takezo

Shinmen Takezo Monkey+++

Sorry for the crack, but obviously you have not spent time in Japan, nor speak the lingo.

5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Hmmm,Never good

HK_User likes this.
  6. HK_User

Nah just put'em on ignore.

Alf60, Gator 45/70 and ghrit like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Obviously, you haven’t spent a lot of time in Utah... The State Prison is on the north side of “The Point of the Mountain”..... Where Spanish Fork, American Fork, Orem, & Provo are all on the South side of that Point... The County line is at that Point as well. Two different Counties, with decidedly different versions of the Conservative Cultures...

HK_User and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Shinmen Takezo

Shinmen Takezo Monkey+++

That's what I meant--atop the big curve leading into SLC on the left hand side of the highway going north.
    They excel at firing squads there, right?!
    Haven't been there for a while.

9. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I always liked SLC, the scenery was nice.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

If we don’t own the hosting server, getting the board booted would matter.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Tully Mars, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  11. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

I don't "do" 'Vegas anymore - not even when it's a week long trade show paid for by my employer. They should shut off the water and just let the desert reclaim it.

DKR, Alf60, Gator 45/70 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

But, that is exactly what I was talking about! Why should someone have to fear to protect their own property? They were caught in the act breaking the law by breaking into the store and stealing items. Why does the owner not only have to fear these thieves but the damn law that protect them more so than it protects the owner? It's wrong. Damn wrong! It's even more than wrong, it's idiotic!

You want law and order to come back to this country then things have to change and the individual has to be able to protect themselves and their property without fear of retribution - and that is only the first step!

13. DKR

Not to argue, but you ask why should a person fear?

I have noted, and seen, just this kind of after-the-gunsmoke clears event, the family of the recently departed - egged on by a Lefty/ACLU/Green/Liberal 'lawyer' go after the trigger puller for million$$$ in a 'wrongful death' lawsuit.

Once the owner yelled, the (bad guys) took off - threat over. Any shooting, hit or miss, could have landed the owner in jail.

Recently we saw a mob of BLM led reant-a-useful idiots tear down a gate and storm the mayor's house.
    Two home owners from the neighborhood were outside, armed.

Protecting their property against a mob?

Nope - brandishing deadly weapons against a (sotra) peaceful protest/protesters

Since these folks are 1) white 2) rich 3) seen recently on TeeVee showing off their tony mansion
    they will be arrested and charged with, at a minimum, brandishing - a felony in most states. If they have a DA that is elected and wants to pander even more - count on ag assault w/deadly weapon, attempted murder and all sorts of other crap.

If they can get the right jury, it will only cost them a small fortune for lawyers time.
    If not, they lose the house, all their savings and wind up poor and on the street - or in the slammer.

I don't deal in anything but RealPolitik. Fail to understand that and fail to cover your ass and you could very well lose everything.

What could the homeowners have done?

Stood outside with the pistol holstered (momma be going to jail, I wouldn't argue on this one even)

Ar-15? Fine, load the mag and chamber a round if you think it is needed, but hang it from your shoulder (muzzle down and grip at hand) - avoid an over display.

Deadly weapons are not a talisman. They are not a ward. They are not a magic wand. If you have to use the weapon, ensure you have studied the local laws at length and maybe even check with a lawyer that specializes in home/self defense. Use a weapon and you will be arrested, jailed and have to post bond except in rare instances. Make book on that.

What is 'fair', right or your belief is immaterial. The law - today - is another weapon of the Left. Make sure you know what may/can be used against you. Better yet, if you plan to carry - get legal insurance now, before you need it.

'Cause, you own that bullet once the trigger is pulled.

Of course, YMMV

14. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

They will be residents in Utah for a while, in the state prison!

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  15. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

AND join USCCA! If they're members they're covered... with immediate bail, funds, AND attorneys... that go after DA's like that woman...

16. Bandit99

Good write up! And, just to ensure you didn't misunderstand me, I don't disagree with you. In fact, I agree with every word. The owner did the correct thing and it would have been exactly what I would have done. Hell, it's all you can do given the law in its current state.

My statement "the owner not only have to fear these thieves but the damn law that protect them more so than it protects the owner?" is not about the 'reality' of the law but how wrong and idiotic the law is! I believe if one could defend their lives and property without fear of these laws that it would have a great effect on crime. To be more specific, even though they were running away, shooting them down like dogs will ensure they don't do the crime again against someone else and acts as a harsh deterrent to those that would commit crime. Just want to ensure no one misunderstands me here...

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  17. HK_User

Understood!
    Once upon a time a friend was attacked at his business, luck was with my friend that day as a door of which the perp was trying to force open was blocked by a barrel of soap. The perp had his gun out but due to the blocked door he could not fire, my friend drew his gun and charged the door knocking the perp out ward.

Perp suddenly changed his mind and rapidly ran around the building and into a large field, friend fired a shot in the air and the perp picked up speed and made it over a 6 foot fence in one jump.

Friend called police and filled out the forms and being the time and place and no opposing statements was THANKED by DPD. The description fit a killer of another business owner. So friend proceeded to a close Doughnut shop to let that owner know of the event. No problem said the owner we have too many people/witnesses around here!

Three days later the Doughnut Shop owner was killed in what was considered to be the same perp.

Later the Police reported back to my friend that the perp was killed in a shoot out during an attempted robbery in OK!

Boy was my Brother glad someone took care of the perp for he figured the perp would be back to ambush him.

Wilder yet is I just ran into a lady in town who was in the Doughnut Shop.

The perp could have been the brother of one of the 4 in Utah.

Then there was the time I was walking along old US 80 in Mississippi in the mid 60s, about midnight as my car had broke down.

But that is another story of more brotherly likenesses wanting to pick on a lone white boy on a two lane blacktop in the middle of no where.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Gator 45/70, Oddcaliber and Bandit99 like this.
  18. Bandit99

@HK_User Good story. I know my opinion sounds harsh but the world has gotten too crazy, laws too weak with too much political interference. I simply think the country would be a much safer place if people could defend themselves and their property correctly without the chance of being made a criminal themselves. And, in all honesty, I don't understand the logic behind how the law is written and consider it BS.

So, I stand by opinion, to change the law to be able to shoot the dogs down on sight. It might sound like the old days when horse thieves were hanged from the nearest tree but...it worked.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  19. HK_User

Yup it does.
    Armed and dangerous citizens is what all perps should learn about only once.

20. DKR

Kelly Stephen's parents to file wrongful death suit against JPD

Juneau, Alaska (KINY) - Virginia Stephens plans to file a wrongful death civil rights lawsuit in US District Court in Juneau against Juneau Police and the officer who shot her son, James Esbenshade.

Her attorney Ben Crittenden and co-counsel held a press conference today to discuss the lawsuit.

It resulted from a December 29, 2019 fatal shooting at the Chinook Apartments that claimed the life of Kelly Stephens, 34.

Police claim Stephens was carrying a chain and threatened the officer. They had responded to a 911 call about an argument and shots being fired on Cinema Drive.

Crittenden said the police have not released many details about the incident, like any audio or video footage of the shooting.

The plaintiffs have not specified the monetary damages sought in the lawsuit.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7