The Gun Debates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Feb 28, 2018.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

In stead of designating an age, which for some people is highly questionable regardless of age, it might be more appropriate to determine ones fitness for gun owner ship by their track record .
    Unlike any other day and age the capacity to know a persons past is more available than ever.
    A person that knows they must behave in order to maintain the right as an American including to own and operate arms would now means something .
    In theory Constitutionally Law abiding Americans don't break the law and don't infringe on the rights of others . If you want the rights of an American you behave,,in theory being understood from childhood .
    Some one disregarding the rights of others forfeits their right as an American starting with all those in government .
    This in fact creates a second class citizenship , that can only be rectified by a personal serious change of behavior .
    Foreigners that do not behave do not have the right of a citizen.
    Some one that turns outlaw regardless of age looses the rights .
    Preferential treatment should be granted to law abiding citizens, especially for jobs schools and so forth . The idea that I deserve rights due to birth is not acceptable.
    It's not what you are, but what YOU DO with what you are.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If these FFLs really want to kill of their business, all they really have to do is NOTE on the ATF-4473, that this Transaction seems to be a "Straw Purchase" in their Opinion, and refuse the sale.... On a Case by Case basis... Perfectly Legal, because it is written into the Federal Statute, as a reason to refuse a Sale, in the Opinion of the FFL... Opinions can be changed and it would be almost impossible to prove that the OPINION of the FFL was Biased, in each Single case... I use this tactic if I don't get a Good Vibe from a potential Customer... I learned this tactic from an ATF Agent, who I knew back when I first became Licensed a few decades ago...

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And that ability to monitor every moment of a life by outside entities is Big Brother. NFG in my mind. Rather than me having to prove I'm not guilty flies in the face of common sense, there should be and currently is a requirement that the authority show I'm a restricted person. If the problem is with the authority, THAT should be fixed, and not by putting me in the position of providing a negative proof.

3M-TA3, BTPost and Dunerunner like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I like how they can monitor every aspect of our lives but can't stop these mass shooters, even when they have a huge paper trail, being known to law enforcement, priors, a truck load of "red flags" and no one could stop them.
    I think the anti gunners want this to keep happening until they get the gun bans they want and they won't let wide scale armed protection in the schools because they are afraid it might actually work.

Remember when Texas said they were going to start allowing teachers to start concealed carring in one district and all the libtards lost their mind over it, well now over 100 districts allow it. Notice how Texas hasn't had any mass school shootings?

3M-TA3 likes this.
  1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. BTPost
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Waydah
  6. OldDude49
  7. DKR
  8. oldman11
  9. Motomom34
  10. Swedish woman
  11. TnAndy