The Homogenization of America

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Jun 26, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

@Brokor

Available from the Monkey..

Geo Political - Propaganda | Survival Forums

Brokor likes this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

No longer can they claim the need of a Beard or sucker in straights to smooth their way. The excuses are gone, now we'll see how many end up in divorce court after a couple of years of Legal Marriage.

We'll see how many measure up to long term marriages and public responsibility as law abiding spouses.

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

My paternal grandfather is of German ancestry, at my aunt's house after my uncle's funeral last year, my half-aunt was telling my sister about the family. Whoever our German ancestor was, if I remember right, he was tailor to the Kaiser, and came to America because he didn't want to HAVE to fight in whatever war was going on at the time. Of course he ended up fighting in the...Civil? war anyway, and when my sister asked our half-aunt what the difference was between fighting in Germany or fighting over here, my half-aunt said because here in America it was a CHOICE.

4. HK_User

Part of my 1700s East Coast ancestor group was a German Baron. He moved to the Colonies and dropped the title no other information or the reason he left. Maybe he left for greener pastures.

5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I say its about time @Gator 45/70 [coo] after all we do believe in equality in this country :)

6. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm sorry but I have a very non-PC opinion - we are not all equal. What the Constitution guarantees us is equal protection from an overzealous government. We have expanded our thoughts on this to include equal opportunity which was not included in the founding document and it certainly did not include or even allude to true equality. Equality does not exist, will never exist, and is not even beneficial to society in general or any species that inhabits our world.

7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Have to agree with this, but offer the idea that equal opportunity exists as well, simply because it is so. One must find a way to take advantage of the opportunity, however small and obscure it may be. PC is not part of it at all, nor was there any intent by the founding fathers to have everyone on equal social or economic basis.

Yard Dart, RightHand and HK_User like this.
  8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Equal opportunity exists for those willing to fight and claw their way to those opportunities. The promise was not that it would be easy but that it would be good.

Yard Dart, Ganado, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  9. HK_User

Equal opportunity is a myth.

Fact is that one must first have a job, any job that keeps you feed, clothed and housed will do until you figure out what you want to do in life.

That first job should come with the worker (you fill in the blanks on what your think worker means) doing what they signed on for. After that you must either educate yourself for a better job or decide to be a sucker on the dole.

The equal part comes when two employees of the same skill sets receive different pay for that job.

Equal opportunity should always mean equal to the job required as listed.

Of course equal can be influenced by both Subjective or Objective views of the work skills, environment and personal actions of any two workers doing the same task as hopefully defined by the Job Requirments.

In short you have to be a top feeder to be equal to another top feeder. No cutthroat actions just in skill sets and work ethic need apply.

After all, why would I want to be equal to a bottom feeder?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    kellory likes this.
  10. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Earn it, don't just try to legislated out of my pocket. It should always be merit.based.
    Some folks on minimum wage, are not worth the wage they make now.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  1. Brokor
  2. Altoidfishfins
  3. Ganado
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Yard Dart
  6. chelloveck
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Bandit99
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Yard Dart