The Importance of Blending In: A Survival Topic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mortimer Adler Moose, May 21, 2015.

1. Many of you may not have noticed, that I am in fact, a moose! Most folks just tend to focus on the 40mm grenade hole in my belly and just over-look the antlers. This is because I blend in so well with those around me. I am amazed at just how much those tacticool people stand out in their 511s and concealed carry vests, for example. They might as well open carry, as much as they are advertising to all the miscreants about, that they are armed. It sort of reminds me of that barking dog thing, you know the one where barking dogs don't bite? I know there are exceptions to this adage, but it is so enough to pen a quote.
    Again, I can find most folks AO just by the stuff they put on here and in social media like hoofbook.com and myplot.com. I read about all their goodies and toys and preps and armchair plans to survive the apocalypse and find myself thinking that they would make it ten steps through Excursion Inlet during moose season! I guess my point is to ask if people ever really consider how transparent their wealth is to those that might want take some of it? Or do you make any effort at blending into the background, so to speak...hiding in plain sight? Moose1. Moose2. Moose3.

Hanzo, VisuTrac, Sapper John and 3 others like this.
  2. Blending into a crowd... Moose4. Moose 5. Moose6. moose7.

Hanzo, VisuTrac, Sapper John and 3 others like this.
  3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Hey Mortimer, glad to see your greyman 'tude got you through another season.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welcome back Moose.... Been a while.... Your cousins can be hard to spot, if they stay under the trees, and in the brush... OpSec is a Good Motto for your kind... At least till the Fall Rut... Then all bets are Off....

chelloveck likes this.
  5. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Welcome back!

chelloveck likes this.
  6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

How to not be the Grey Man........
    [​IMG]

7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

What the discreet mooses are wearing this hunting season....

upload_2015-5-22_14-50-54.
    or

[​IMG]

Nice to see you back, Mort!

Tully Mars and Ganado like this.
  8. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Hey Mort, Your girl friend was outside my door this morning... Nice to see you back!

9. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just noticed your post today Moose. Its good to see you. You should visit more often

10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Moose, hate to break the news but you really don't blend in that well, it's just that most folks are reluctant to admit there is a moose in the room, although the pink banana suit really complimented your eyes...

chelloveck, Ganado and BTPost like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7