The Irish Republic passes constitutional refendum in favour of marriage equality

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chelloveck, May 23, 2015.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The Irish Republic has just passed a constitutional referendum allowing that
    I was debating as to whether the post should go in the F&L or the F&R forum...I split the difference and posted it in the General topics forum...but wouldn't be surprised if it gets teleported to the Inferno. ;)

Ireland referendum: 'Yes' voters celebrate as country votes in favour of gay marriage - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The interesting aspect about this referendum, is that it would require another referendum to repeal or amend this amendment to Irish Constitution. It cannot be changed at the whim of politicians, if in doing so, they may wrest some petty political advantage at the expense of their opponents.

2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

well considering that it's nearly impossible to get a divorce in the Irish republic.. they deserve the same problems that married Heterosexuals have there.... I just wonder if they have to identify the "male" partner

Ganado and chelloveck like this.
  3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

So what ?
    Don't like gay marriage ?
    Don't marry someone of the same sex.

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

5. gundog10

gundog10 Monkey++

BARF!

john316 likes this.