The Jeep Corner, Mechanical, Sheet Metal, Welding, Electrical, Paint and Modifications.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HK_User, May 1, 2014.

1. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Only pic I have...lol had to have a friend take this pic with his cell phone while we were out running Benbow Jeep Trail back on Nov 1st. It's a rocky and bouncy trail. Fairly easy with one moderately difficult water crossing if running stock ride height and tires.

This is OJ. No not that OJ...but you can call her Juice. :ROFLMAO: Orange Jeep doncha know!~
    [​IMG]

Signage.
    [​IMG]

Some views...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Benbow is up near Nye, MT and below Stillwater mine, the only platinum metals group mine outside of South Africa and Russia. Beartooth Mountains. Pretty incredible area to explore.

Do have a single vid up on a YouTube channel showing a steep & loose hill climb fail. Ran this the second weekend I had her. Hard to tell how steep it is on video but trust me, it's steeper than $&%! and very loose since it gets very little use where it's at. This isn't in the Beartooths. It's up in the North Moccasin Mtns near Lewistown.

Ignore the horrrrible audio. Just learning how to make vids and the GoPro Studio software seems to be terrible at audio in combination with the seeming horrible audio popping of the Sessions4 cameras. Love the form factor of them but they do seem to have a few flaws. Looking to set up a 3 or 4 camera job in/on the jeep but have to wait to see if they fix these in firmware first.

Yard Dart and HK_User like this.
  2. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

M38 Tail Light Assembly Repair/Replacement

When the M38 returns from the floor board replacement, we'll have to repair the rear body work. Most of the parts have been obtained and the major work needed is road worthy/safety Tail Lights.

As built the post WWll lamps are difficult to find and have very small lens. As shown you can see the units installed in the M38 are junk. Combined with years of abuse and the small lens it was decided to replace them with a style more fitting to a road Jeep that could be seen in fast traffic.

Still a military style unit with the correct connectors were selected.
    The Vietnam era 6 wheel drive Gama Goat rear housing units were fitting and a set purchased.

Here we have the as purchased tail light lens and housing.
    DSCF1287.JPG

With the lens removed you can see the damage of the OEM tail lamp housing. DSCF1288.JPG

Now you see the Gama Goat rear lamp assembly. A perfect fit and all the connectors match.
    DSCF1289.JPG

This item came to me packed as new and in pristine condition. Nice find!!!

This is the good part. The original lens screws on with only the need of a screw driver.
    This means that for Mil events you can install the original covers and have a correct part for Judging.
    DSCF1291.JPG

This is all a lot of work but that is what it takes to do it right.

DSCF1290.JPG

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    kellory and Sapper John like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7