1. We've made all our Resources available to guests - would you consider a donation to support us?
    Please don't hotlink directly to these files, share the url from this page's address bar.

The Jeffersonian Cyclopedia 1900 pdf 2014-07-04

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

melbo submitted a new resource:

The Jeffersonian Cyclopedia - Dissent is the highest form of patriotism.

-Jefferson?

Nope, Howard Zinn during an interview with TomPaine.com
    Words of Jefferson? No, spirit of Jefferson, Yep.

Thomas Jefferson is one of the most misquoted public figures of all times. Many a forum sig-line has a quote from TJ that is not his words at all. Below is a pdf that is the definitive words of Jefferson collected from his speeches, writings and letters. If it ain't in here, he probably didn't say...
    Read more about this resource...

Thomas Jefferson is one of the most misquoted public figures of all times. Many a forum sig-line has a quote from TJ that is not his words at all. Below is a pdf that is the definitive words of Jefferson collected from his speeches, writings and letters. If it ain't in here, he probably didn't say it.

The Jeffersonian Cyclopedia : a comprehensive collection of the views of Thomas Jefferson (1900)

I've worked with a few different versions over the years and this one is a scanned facsimile copy that was also made searchable. It's huge (155 MB) and I'm trying to simmer it down a bit (edit, I did and it's around 100 MB now).

Here are a couple of sample snips from the complete pdf attached:

tj1.

tj2.

tj3.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Cool! I like it. It's funny how things get around the net, I have seen the same quote attributed to a half dozen different people. LOL.

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It seems that Thomas Jefferson was very prescient

It seems that Thomas Jefferson was very prescient in his estimation of banks and paper currencies et al. It just goes to demonstrate that prophets aren't honoured in their own country.

I will probably download the pdf....I have a liking for keeping historical documents.

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

BTT

5. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

big big BIG like - Thanks Melbo

6. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

:cool:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7