The kids are where?

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by ghrit, Jan 4, 2018.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

When our kids were growing up, playing sports and after school stuff going on, not a lot of time to do dinner at home so we ate out a lot. Or at least thats what the wife always said. One night the wife actually cooked dinner and told me to holler for the kids. I hollered upstairs to their rooms and told them to come on down it was time to eat. They ran down the stairs, out the front door and hopped in the car...... Wife said where did they go. I responded they're in the car ready to go eat.....

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Zimmy, Sapper John, sarawolf and 13 others like this.
  2. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Me and my son had just got done shooting at a 3 d bow shoot after it was done he asked where we were going to eat I told him Mama's kitchen and he got a excited he said he never ate at Mama's kitchen before he thought it was a name of a restaurant was not as happy when we pulled into the yard at the house.

3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

When I taught my wife to cook it wasn't so bad , but when my kids learned to cook things got much better .

4. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

My kids prefer eating at home. My eldest will whine and moan if we grab fast food because "it's so expensive and I could just make a sandwich at home". What're we gonna do, we're peasants.

5. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Do nothing...you raised them just right. They will thank you one day.

Cruisin Sloth, Ura-Ki and Seepalaces like this.
  6. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

Love the kids left the house and jumped in the car. :) And Mama's Kitchen good one.

sec_monkey, Ura-Ki and Seepalaces like this.
  7. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

I have lived long enough to learn never eat at a restaurant named "Mother's"!

Seepalaces and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

We survived on fast food! I'm living proof that you can still reproduce semi normal kids after eating McDonalds! LOL
    My Dad was at sea all the time, and Mom was a school teacher, so she didn't have time to cook. The question of what's for dinner was more which burger or taco joint are we going to visit! Pizza was actually a rare treat in our household, and forget any thing quasi fancy! on weekends we went to the Grand Parents and ate them out of house and home! Didn't matter that is was VERY traditional Ukrainian, or German, we ate every thing G-Ma made, and licked the plates! Now, I hate fast food, even a more formal sit down chain type place is unappealing, IF the wife and I go out,, its some place NICE with great food and wine, and good service! We actually prefer to cook at home, to which we both enjoy cooking an baking! Its fun, and it sure beats "bought" meals!

sec_monkey and Seepalaces like this.
  9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

"Mother's" on Poidras in New Orleans is one of my very favorite places to eat. Ask Righthand about it, I think she'll second it.

10. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Being single , I don't cook a whole lot. Just easier to stop and eat before I get home. But I did break down and buy one of those electric pressure cookers . I can come home and throw frozen stuff in it , season it , turn it on and go outside and play in the yard. In an hour I'm eating a pretty decent meal. That pressure cooking seems to infuse all the flavors , makes it seem like it's been cooking all day.
    Was out with my brother and his 2 kids one day , his son was hungry , so he pulled into Burger King to get his son something to eat , he asked his daughter what she wanted , she said she'd wait till she got home , she said she had chef boy r dee at home. I thought that was pretty cool.

sec_monkey and Seepalaces like this.
  11. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

My Dad taught me, "Never eat at a place with a skinny cook!" :D
    When I was a kid, eating at a fastfood joint (only had McDees then) was a rare treat. Sure beat rice and corned beef hash at home. But money was tight then.

Seepalaces and sec_monkey like this.
  12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have flown half way across the country to have a meal at Mother's and I would do it again at the drop of a hat.

13. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

There' two votes for Mother's

Seepalaces, Oddcaliber and RightHand like this.
  14. Here in eastern Iowa we have Gramma's kitchen. Its at the Walcott exit on interstate 80. Ok food but their other restaurants are better. The Machine Shed and the two Thunder bays. IMUCO.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Seepalaces likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7