The Law means nothing to the Left.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tacmotusn, Mar 15, 2012.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

As usual a Liberal Left leaning politician decides he is above the law, and the will of the people, and he will do what he knows is best for all of society.
    This is not an issue of Gay rights or Tradional Family Values. If it were I would have no dog in the fight. After all, I am single with no children, and I have no gay or heteosexual partner at this moment in time.
    As I said above, this is about the Will of the People, and the Rule of Law.
    Liberal Mayor Overrules Voters,Threatens Opponents With Jail

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    Posted on March 15, 2012 by Conservative Byte
    <!-- google_ad_section_start --> pf-button-both.

El-Paso-Flag-SC-300x180.
    In a display of the arrogance of power for which the left have become so well known,Democrat El Paso Mayor John Cook decided not only to overrule the results of a 2010 ballot decision,he is hoping to jail those who dared circulate a recall petition in response to his contempt for the will of the voters.
    In 2009,Mayor Cook and a majority of the El Paso city council decided that health insurance benefits should be provided for unmarried and homosexual “partners” of city employees,at taxpayer expense of course.
    Church groups and others opposed to the decision gathered the necessary petition signatures to put the issue on the 2010 ballot.
    By a 55-45 margin,El Paso voters passed the ballot proposition which stated:“The city of El Paso endorses traditional family values by making health benefits available only to city employees and their legal spouse and dependent children.”
    The left have often evinced a glaring lack of concern for the will of American voters,and Mayor Cook carried on this tradition by ignoring the ballot results and choosing to provide the health benefits anyway.

2. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

I looked up arrogance in the dictionary and it said: see Democrat.

They really believe they are the ruling class and know what's best for us because they are intellectually superior.

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Vote him out, into the unemployment line with the beggar!

4. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

He needs to be fitted for a brand new tar and feather sportcoat.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  5. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I see more and more of these type of acts happening from local goverment. I think it is they see the federal goverment doing as they will and running over the people. So they feel they can do the same and 99% of the time the feds will stand behind them. As for my peronal opinion on the matter and no disrespect toward anyone I pay Medical on my wife and kids. I don't want what I pay in to my taxes and mediacl to pay for two men or two wemon who are wanting to play family or a man and a woman who don't have the want to marry but do want to play house. Why should I be forced to pay for them that is the reason the American family, morals and valuse have went to he!! in this country. Those of use that do work and struggle do it for the ones who don't so they can have the same, But they don't have to worry Im sure Oboma care has a loop whole for them.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7