1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

The lie to us about wolves the lower 48

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Quigley_Sharps, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Re: The kie to us about wolves the lower 48

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Re: The kie to us about wolves the lower 48

A few years back (1995) I had a neighbor with a fence made of telphone poles, standing up about 9 ft in height. I knew there was some thing going on behind that wall...I could hear them!
    One day he accidentally opened the "gate" too FA,r and out spilled the biggest wolves I have ever seen in my life! (they do look smaller in zoo's!)
    They ran towards me and he was screaming at me: don't run! I already knew better, and stood my ground, facing the oncoming beast. When I showed no fear and made no move to retreat, they walked past and ignored me.
    Within a week, they were rounded up by a number of game and fish officers and taken away in trucks, along with their owner in the rear of a sheriff's car.
    It was something to see! I knew they were big, but I had no idea how big and how fast!
    I cannot begin to imagine running into pack of them in the wild!
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary