The M/C Shop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

upload_2019-8-31_22-50-15.

gunbunny, Dont, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  2. Wild Trapper

upload_2019-9-13_17-20-42.
    No matter how you get there, there you are. Howsoever, I'd rather ride.

3. Wild Trapper

upload_2019-9-22_20-50-44.

HK_User, Alf60 and SB21 like this.
  4. Wild Trapper

upload_2019-10-7_9-13-40.

5. saki monkey

saki monkey Monkey

Wow! This I can relate to and enjoy. Hopefully it will revive when weather breaks this spring.

Dont, Wild Trapper and HK_User like this.
  6. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

FB_IMG_1612661998502.

7. Minuteman

Pics from my last long ride before winter set in. 600 miles round trip. Rode the Talimena Byway from Talihina,Okla across the Kiamichi Mountains to Mena,Ark. Great ride.
    IMG_1792.JPEG IMG_1789.JPEG IMG_1795.JPEG IMG_1790.JPEG

Ganado, RightHand, HK_User and 4 others like this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Glad to see your bike made it back along with your body...

HK_User likes this.
  9. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

It is good to see you about, Minuteman! 600 miles is just a run across Montana.. I am hoping to be able to spend more two wheeled time this next summer.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

HK_User likes this.
  11. Minuteman

A new one. I still have my TriGlide in Cyprus. I'll sell it. Too much hassle to export it. But my Fatboy is ready to ship if I can ever get back over there and do the paperwork for it.
    The new one is a 2010 Street Glide. They only made them for 2 years. I recently changed phones and dont have any pics of it on this one. I'll have to download some.

ghrit, Wild Trapper, HK_User and 2 others like this.
  12. saki monkey

saki monkey Monkey

Hi; Going to take a spring trip from NW Oregon down to Utah and check out the National Parks and Moab area. Riding a Concours C14. 2009 with pretty low miles. Plan on avoiding main highways like 84 as much as possible. Have a general route in mind but would appreciate any info on places to see or avoid. Have been through Salt Lake before and will swing around that. Two weeks is about my limit on time. Any ideas appreciated. Will probably camp a few times and motel the rest.

Wild Trapper likes this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If you ride thru Oregon and southern Idaho, near I 84, you should check out the Oregon Trail Site just west of LeGrade, OR... Most non-local folks miss that place, because it is not well advertised, but we found it very interesting... on one of our many overnight stops, in LeGrande, while making the trip from Seattle to SLC and back... Note here: How glad we are to live now, and not back in the day when that trail was in use... Just Say’en.. YMMV....

SB21 likes this.
  14. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

15. Wild Trapper

upload_2021-7-6_18-53-55.

OldDude49, Yard Dart, toydoc and 4 others like this.
  16. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Mid-Career Transition: The Trouble with Leather Pants

[​IMG]
    5 Jul 2021
    Military.com | By Jacey Eckhart
    "I should have joined the military,” my 40-something neighbor declared while he was watching me put an Army sticker on my car. It was a bit of a surprise. This guy was known in the neighborhood for wearing red leather pants and a mullet to work in the 1990s.

“Yep. If I joined the military, I’d be enjoying all that free retirement money just about now,” he said.

I tried not to stare. It was one of the stupidest things I ever heard.

As if staying in the military was easy.

As if staying in the military was something people did by accident.

As if staying in the military came without all the things that happen in the middle of a military career, such as the relentless competition, the growing needs of family, constant deployments, work-related injuries, endless training and a parade of moving trucks.

To my neighbor, the military was not work. It was not service. It was not even the prospect of a life outside the ’burbs. The military was free, free money given away to anyone who stuck around long enough.

Forgive him. Those leather pants must have cut off the blood supply to his brain.

Good Reasons Service Members Leave the Military in the Middle
    I think of this guy every time I coach a transitioning service member who gets out right in the middle of their military career. While young enlisted and junior officers get out after their first or second tour because the military is not the right fit, the mid-career service member has invested a lot more in the military as a full-on career.

Some of you E-5s, E-6s, W-1s, W-2s and O-4s get out with 11 or 12 years in because you intended to get out at that point all along. Or because your technical skills are at their peak and you want a high paying job. Or even because you lost that lovin’ feelin’ for the military. Fair.

Some of you mid-career military might have intended to go for 20, but now you are eyeing transition because life (in all her red leather glory) is about to come for you with unexpected events.

Maybe you are waiting for the iffy results of a promotion board, a command board or a med board. Or your spouse just brought home the kind of raise that means you can’t move them anymore. Or your divorce papers are about to be served, and you have kids you need to raise.

My neighbor might not have known it, but in the military, life happens to people. Plans change, and the sure thing you had melts away. When you leave the military in the middle, you have to be more agile, more savvy and more ready for transition than anyone else -- even when you have less time to prepare.

Master Class for Mid-Career Transition
    That’s where we come in at Military.com’s Veteran Employment Project. Our FREE Mid-Career Master Classes help you figure out your direction now so you have a job waiting for you when you leave the service.

We offer two options to military members who are transitioning with 8-18 years of service. Option 1 is for those who already completed their four-year bachelor’s degree or higher, and Option 2 is for those with a completed associate’s degree, some college courses, certifications and training. You are welcome to attend both if you like.

Option 1: Mid-career with completed Bachelor’s Degree or higher.

In this fast, fun and free course for enlisted and officers with management experience and a completed degree, learn how to:

• Change career ladders at mid-level without losing your place.
    • Attract the recruiters who want you most on LinkedIn
    • Make the one decision that will affect your income (and your family) most.
    • Identify which certifications and programs make mid-level you more employable.
    Option 2: Mid-career with some college and certifications.

If you are someone who works for a living, making the leap from the military to civilian life takes more smarts and more strategy. There is no Easy Button. In this free, practical, actionable class, you will learn:

• The best certifications you can get now to get hired faster.
    • How to find jobs without begging, joining or “networking.”
    • How to identify the one strategy mid-level military members are most likely to use that does not work (and what to do instead)
    • Consider good paying jobs for the military that do not require a degree.
    As a mid-level military professional, you know how it takes courage to get into the Navy, Army, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard and commit yourself to a job you have to do every day for four years in a row without fail. You know it also takes courage to leave. Sign up for the Master Class that suits you best so that you end up in the great job you deserve.

What’s Next in Your Career Journey? Find out with our FREE Employment Master Classes at your Career Level.

Find out the secrets to getting a civilian hiring manager to see your true value. We teach you proven career-level strategies to help you obtain your next, high-impact job. Our next transition class is Mid-Level Professional Master Class on July 29. Sign up today.

Jacey Eckhart is Military.com’s Transition Master Coach. She is a Certified Professional Career Coach and military sociologist who helps military members get their first civilian job by offering career-level Master Classes through our Veteran Employment Project and on her website SeniorMilitaryTransition.com. Reach her at Jacey.Eckhart@Monster.com.

17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

After 12 years of DFR status, jumping out of perfectly good aircraft and traveling the Uncle Sam show around the world.... I punched out after my divorce. It was time for a change, and I threw it into the wind.

I had a nice .mil college fund I could not pursue... due to a hefty child support bill monthly...I had to go to work.

I took my mil. training and turned it into a well paying job with the IBEW electrical union.
    My first day, I was tested and declared a journeyman and was sent on my way.... no apprenticeship was required due to my background and training.

After many projects from hospitals, .mil, .gov, state and private projects.... I have been grinding away for the last 24 years on the civi. side. At this time, I do pretty well, have a large crew and manage millions in work every year.

Bottom line, if you are in my similar situation, do not overlook the trades!!
    My neighbor, the plumber, pulls about $150K a year, not counting side work he does continually.

Plan and work smart/safe and productive for you and yours!!

YD

techsar, SB21 and HK_User like this.
  18. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Like wise, never without a good job and all important bennies.

SB21 and Yard Dart like this.
  19. Minuteman

FB_IMG_1640988592795.

Alf60, SB21 and Homer Simpson like this.
  20. Minuteman

Stereotype fake news even back then.
    Screenshot_20220523-065639_Facebook.

SB21 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7