The M/C Shop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Apr 14, 2007.

1. medicineman

medicineman Survival Guru

2006 Honda Shadow AERO 750

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

very nice...

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Nertflix delivered Bruce Brown's original "on any sunday"
    (1971) today!Paid to see the same film in a theater ( 1971) at 11years old its what got me wanting to ride!Still a great movie,watching it on my big screen with pictures of my graduating seniors on the wall made for a poignant evening.
    cheers.[beer][beer][boozingbuddies][chopper]Ifyou haven't seen its A must see!Stars: Steve Mcqueen,Mert lawill,Malcolm smith and afew thousand every dayfolks.;It started many m/c folksof thatperiod along...

D2wing likes this.
  4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

5. 8PW

8PW Silent but Deadly

Glad to see that there are so many bikers here. Not unduly surprised mind you as you have to be in survival mode whenever you ride.
    I've been riding dirt and road for about 25 years now.
    Used to escape the rat race and ride from Scotland to the South of France then back up through the French and Swiss Alps and back home.
    Great roads to ride if you ever get the chance.
    In those days I was riding a Yamaha TDM 850 twin, having been a long time fan of the XT series. Fabulous bike. So good I've had 3.
    I was going to ride to Australia via Africa, Middle East & Asia but every time I planned a route and got travel permits etc some b@stard would start a war. Most inconvenient.
    So instead of that I came to your neck of the woods in '93.
    Started in Milwaukee, looked around for a 2nd hand HD that I could afford to no avail. Heard of a wee shop in Theinsville (I think from memory) so went there and they sorted me out with a 1340 SuperGlide. I wanted a Softtail but you get that.
    Headed south the next day and it started snowing. Got stopped by the cops on the freeway south of Chicago, they couldn't believe that someone would ride in a blizzard. They nearly shot me too 'cos I got off the bike and walked toward them - as you do in Scotland. LOL.
    Anyhow I rode pretty much directly south to the Keys, stopping and camping. From the keys I made New Orleans then along the South Coast along to Houston/Dallas etc then 4 corners area (my favourite) west to California, back up North through the Rockies to Oregon, all the way east along that big highway up the top (?) to Sturgis and then did a loop in the middle to catch the bits I missed 1st time round.
    Ended up in Detroit building houses.
    All in all it took 14 months. Nearly all of them were wet. Worse summer the USA had had in years apparently.
    Best thing I ever did. Absolutely no regrets. I love Harleys now too. No trouble at all with the SuperGlide. I exported it to Scotland where I rode it for a further 5 years. They get under your skin.
    I'm now living in Australia and ride a Suzuki DR 750 (DR BIG) for the lack of anything better at the moment.
    Just sold a Yamaha WR 450 R - that's a weapon of a machine. Love it in Motard trim too.
    I keep hankering after another HD but they are SO pricey here it's not funny. Might accept a Yamaha MT-01 though :)
    Safe riding.

6. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Soundslike one hell of a ride...Throttle stuck? ( somebody stop this thing i want to get off!)friend of mine has a tdm850 for a display bike as part of a collection he's building...Don't know why they didn't do real well over here; Ohwell we didn't get the"varadero" at all...orthe "africa twin" adventure tour" bikes either:[​IMG]

tdm850[​IMG]
    varadero:[​IMG]

7. 8PW

8PW Silent but Deadly

At least the TDM looks good AND goes like poo off a shiny shovel. The Varadero looks like.....well......you know.......not very good.

8. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Too each hizown. ( kinda like the "adventure tour bike" look( big dual sport along the lines of the bmw gs's, cut my teeth on xl500 's have many fond memories of two and three day dirtroad camping(exploring)trips.in thecali gold country(south of sacramento)_when I first got in the service. I'll bet that big DR rocks!

9. 8PW

8PW Silent but Deadly

It's got more snot than a 4 year old with the flu !!!!
    It's amazingly smooth, but a wee bit too heavy for true off road unless you are a Paris-Dakar fanatic.

10. Panhead

Panhead On the Loose Founding Member

awesome

11. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Brit iron rebels:A greatclub site to wander through on coldwinter days, british bikes,cafe racers, rockabilly checkout the "hooligan" movie project on the british "cafe racer" scene( "mods" and" rockers") of the 50's/60's leave the sound on...
    http://www.britironrebels.com/

hooligan
    http://www.hooliganfilm.com/

12. 8PW

8PW Silent but Deadly

Thanks for the links.
    I shot something about an Indian owners club in Scotland that was a wee bit like the hooligan trailer.
    Lots of fun.

13. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

The uncrating of the (first?) US Harley XR1200

From a Friend:

What do you do when your dealer calls you and tells you that the truck with your XR just arrived and they're willing to wait for you to get there with your camera before they uncrate it? This may the first XR to be delivered to North Texas - if not the US.

And props to Harley of North Texas - and my salesguy Danny, for making the sales process such a hoot! None of the employees had seen an XR until today and they were chomping at the bit for me to get there so that they could uncrate it. As you'll see in the later pictures, it drew a crowd - and this was before it even was put out on the sales floor. (I wasn't able to take delivery until later in the day and I'll post a first-impressions thread later.)

I will say that these pictures do not do it justice.

Now please indulge me...
    Uncrate-1. Uncrate-2. Uncrate-3. Uncrate-4. Uncrate-5. Uncrate-6. Uncrate-7. Uncrate-8. Uncrate-9. Uncrate-10. Uncrate-11. Uncrate-12.

14. 8PW

8PW Silent but Deadly

Looks like a nice leap into the 'now' for HD with a twist of the old school 750 to boot.
    Not too keen on the look of the pipes though.
    Let us know what she feels like yeh?

Thanks for the pics.

15. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Congrats nothin' like a new bike, any new bike...

16. Quigley_Sharps

I didnt buy it, see above where I posted " from a friend" although I know he likes it he is still breaking it in.

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

You did indeed...

18. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I work part time and hang out at asmall Royal enfield shop. They are building two new models around a totally new enginefor2009 here's the New royal Enfield "c-5" in european trim (headed for the U S. in late 2009). unveiled at the intermot show in germany. The company's flash intro for this beautiful classic bike.
    http://www.bulletclassic.com/

19. Quigley_Sharps

20. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Has anyone here every removed a camshaft on a 4 stroke single dirtbike engine?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7