The Mannerly Art of Disagreement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Nov 4, 2006.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

[LMAO][chopper]

ColtCarbine and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Nonconformist, freedom loving rebel?

Alf60, ColtCarbine and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I really miss the lady that started this thread...

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

As do all the Monkeys that knew here…

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I had the pleasure of speaking with her occasionally by telephone over the years ...she was certainly a rare treasure. If there is a good place in the afterlife, I think that she would be there sharing her wisdom and making a good place better for her being there.

ColtCarbine, Brokor and VisuTrac like this.
  6. chelloveck

Harleys are a dime a dozen...a motorcycling nonconformist would be riding a Velocette Thruxton.

7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

My heart aches every day. The terrible reality of it all is that I've never had a more fulfilling and resolute trade of words with anybody in this life than with her. I am constantly reminded how I was comforted and humbled by the words left for me to contemplate and digest from a lady I regret never having had the honor to have met. Somehow, I feel like she is with me still, guiding my hand and willing my spirit to be better than it is. I will forever be indebted to that noble pursuit of holding myself to a higher standard, the place in which I wish I always stand as a measure of a man she would be honored to appreciate. She made me better than I am, if not in reality, at least in spirit for each moment I decide to commit my thoughts to writing.

8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I can't begin to say how much I miss my dear friend. We would get together as often as we could to enjoy the world around us. I miss sitting up all night creating music and stories, some to share with all and some just to solve the problems of the world. I miss our bike trips, hanging around Knob Creek, camping in the mountains, sitting around the fire, watching fireflies and stars, skinny dipping in Citico creek, but most of all, I miss the best real friend I ever had. I will never let grief ever enter into the picture we painted together, just the joy and wonder of knowing someone so damned special, loving her, and being loved by her. Dee was the only reason that truly made me believe in a greater power. This is a song I wrote with lyrics from a poem she had written. Colourist (first movement)(Demo) | "Mississippi River Crooks" Darrell Wallace

9. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Hey Sea, good to see you. Well put. She truly was a special person. I love that we have so much of her and the others we've lost, here in these pages. I go back and reread a lot of the beginnings of threads that were created so long ago. Our words, feelings, joys and sorrows have all been shared here. It's been a hell of a journey. Of all of us Dee will always hold a special place. She truly was the best of us. A beautiful soul.

Seacowboys, BTPost and Dunerunner like this.
  10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I was reminded of this recently when a survey question asked what sport might cause me to loose a tooth and I replied "Debate".

11. chelloveck

Yeppers, a losing argument might get that started....argumentum ad baculum ;)

12. percival

percival Monkey

The basic tenant of any communication between 2 people is very simple.
    1- You both have completely seperate and quite literaly different points of view. Essentially you both disagree on the tin.
    2- Never seek approval for who you are or what you you think from someone else.
    The amount of ass-kissing that is displayed in 'real-life' is nauseating. This is of course done on purpose so that people are trained to think they need someone else's approval for who they themselves are. It's essentially an attack on individualism, the bane of the nwo. "Know what I'm sayin?" (sarcasm)
    The 'art' is just human awareness. It is an art because no man stands alone.

Seawolf1090 and Dunerunner like this.
  13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

14. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Agreed ,
    And I have pissed off MANY , don't care .
    And they wonder why Im the way I am !
    S

Dunerunner likes this.
  15. OzVegus

OzVegus Monkey

Getting offended by something posted on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shit instead of walking around it!

Seawolf1090 and Zimmy like this.
  16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have a good friend that is thoroughly convinced of a flat earth.
    Opposing this theory, I find it better in our relationship to agree to disagree, and we don't argue the subject.
    Point being, his feelings do not affect his reality, and some day over time he may discover the facts for himself. If he never does, that does not change our friendship.
    There are some arguments worth debate especially those that endanger, but those of no danger need no argument.
    Some people are color blind, some are brought up in a particularly rough environment, understanding people and how their differences have cultured their lives, patience with others goes a long way.
    As for those that argue for the sake of arguments, their mind is made up, you're wasting time and energy.

17. chelloveck

Not necessarily so. If someone can offer a convincing argument soundly constructed and supported by credible evidence, I'm open to persuasion.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7