The Most Dangerous Volcano In America Is Roaring To Life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Dec 15, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

If you are a yupper you may be ok..

3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Nope lower pen. Protected in part by Lake Michigan. I have not seen a map yet that shows any significant ash falling on Michigan. Maybe we get half an inch or so. My leaf blower will remove that in short order. It is the long term effects I a worried about. Lack of sunshine so we are prepped to last three years. I hope it is enough.

4. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Based on the article from LiveScience, I would say that most of the casualties in that event would be the result of incompetence. "With enough warning, the states near Yellowstone could be evacuated". Yeah, that would go off without a hitch, just like it did for Hurricane Katrina.

oldawg and Tracy like this.
  5. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

The second article shows where the ash settled from the last eruptions. No matter which scientist is right the area is huge and there will be huge loss of life in the first week.

Yard Dart likes this.
  6. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Yep. The 2nd article(just got done looking at it) shows that we're probably only 50-100 miles away from having ashfall be a serious problem. My dad just moved to Kansas last year though.

7. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Yup it's pretty much a crap shoot. And I love to shoot craps! We'll all do what we can with what we have if and when the event occurs. It's not on my high priority list of worries though.

Tracy likes this.
  8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

let's just set up some really big fans To blow it across the ocean in exchange for the radiation:rolleyes:

Yard Dart likes this.
  9. Dont

It do's present an interesting challenge for those of us living on the edge...

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Would that be like "Spitting against the Wind" Better to sink a few Titanium Pipes in the Lava Flow and generate Steam to make electricity, for a Artificial Enclosed Living Space. (BioDome) A small Group could live thru the Winter, caused by the lack of SunLight.... until the Ejecterant settled, in a few years.

11. Dont

To far away for that.. Falling ash and ballistic objects expelled from the earth..

12. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I have considered the possibility of bleeding off the pressure by opening a vent to let the lava out. Drill several angled tunnels down into the magma chamber and let it bleed pressure off. I know it would be a monumental task but is it possible? We build tunnels under Rivers so I know we have the machinery capable of doing it. Maybe we drill in from 4 different directions . Like putting cuts in large concrete slabs so they break where you want them to. In effect it might work like letting the air out of a tire. Yes I have a Vivid imagination . I read a lot of of Tom swift Jr. Books when I was Kid. LOL ;)

13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

But, but, but, @Kingfish the greenies would hang us all up by are Privates for even suggesting such a thing.... Even if the alternative was that they ALL Died....

14. Dont

Didnt they try that in the movies?? The thing blew up and the hero out ran it in an old winobago...

15. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Wasn't that the movie 2012.....

16. Dont

I do believe so.. They did take some liberties...

17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Woody Harrelson was hilarious as the conspiracy guy in the RV..... must have been a Monkey at heart.

Motomom34 likes this.
  18. Dont

My thoughts , but I am shy and retiring so I did not mention that...

19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I don't have much chance for survival if Yellowstone just blows. I figure I would suffocate in place or trying to escape.

20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2015
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7